2.14.2012

Our First Valentines Day!


Valentines Day has always been the cheesiest holiday to me. I know many people say that when they're out of a relationship, and once they are in a relationship they LOVE the day, but I am still not a fan. Sure, it's fun to be treated to flowers, a date, being made to feel special, and a sweet card, but should that be subject to just one day of the year?

Absolutely not!

If I feel like I haven't told David enough lately that I love him, I will get him a card and remind him. Sometimes when we eat out, I will pay. That doesn't happen often, but it does happen occasionally! :) To me, a woman has to date a man just like a man has to date a women. In our relationship, David is the other half. He should be treated as equal as he treats me. I have always felt that way. David doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe him either, but together we try to make sure everyday that each other knows just how much we love one another. Granted, Valentines is a little more fun when you have someone to share it with; I'm just saying that I don't believe that should be the only day of the year that you elaborate on it.

[i believe this was China Glaze Purple Panic, a Nail Art pen in Turquoise,
and Essie Set in Stones for the glitter]

Moving along :)

I am a HUGE fan of the Eli Young Band. I love their music! They were playing in Jackson on February 14th, and I had mentioned wanting to go. I told David about it, but I didn't mention much else. A few weeks later, we were in the kitchen and Gab said something to him about ordering tickets, but I tried to act like I didn't hear them. On Valentines morning, I opened a card with two tickets to see EYB, and I was SO SO excited!


 David had to skip his last class of the day, so we had to leave around three. My classes were all over by lunch, so I came home, got ready, and waited for David to come back. When he did, he brought the most beautiful gerber daisies with him. It was so thoughtful!

 We stopped in Meridian and picked up a Pizza Hut pizza to go, and we ate it on the road. We had such a good time traveling together (It's around a 2 1/2 hour drive + time for stops). I always love going places, but this was the first time we had really gone on a "trip" (even though it was just for a few hours.)



 The concert was going to be during the intermission of the Dixie Nationals, so really it was the best of both worlds for us. David got to enjoy seeing all the bull riders, ropers, etc., while I anxiously awaited the intermission! Although I will say that with David's serious allergy to horses, it was borderline miserable for him. Bless his heart, he sneezed the entire time we were there, and by the time we left (right after EYB got finished), his eyes were red and swollen, but he was such a trooper! He knew how excited I was about seeing them, and he even faired the crowd for me to get a t-shirt. What a sweetie!



We have [the best] Mennonite bakery about 10 miles from my house, and around Valentines Day they always make these little red velvet cakes in heart shaped pans. Red velvet is David's favorite cake, so this was the perfect idea for a little gift instead of a bunch of candy. 

So, when we left Macon I gave it to him. I told him that he had to wait until after supper to eat it though! The story behind "..times 30 billion" isn't that in depth. We were just joking around one day and I said, "I love you more than a million.. like times 30 billion!"
He replied, "then I love you times 31 billion."

 So, there ya have it! We are simple people. Ha!


Not long after Valentines Day, David and I went on a date and I talked him into us getting a fish. I LOVE Betta fish, but I wanted a goldfish. So we ate supper at Logan's and went over to Petsmart. Once we were there, a man talked me out of getting a Goldfish because they require more living space (that I don't have room for) than a Betta, so David picked the Betta out, and we came home. He also named it Bill. I don't know where that came from, but it stuck! So, our first pet came about just four months after we started dating! 


Here are a few photos of us before we left for our date to see the Eli Young Band. On February 14th, we had been dating exactly four months and seven days!





1 comment:

  1. Is it ridiculous that I'm sitting at work reading your blog? Because I am. And this post just makes me smile. So precious!

    ReplyDelete