12.15.2011

Beginning to look a lot like.. CHRISTMAS!


 Fall semester came & went, and we finished out the semester. The drama of passing Chemistry was over, and I was moving on after the break. David was worried about a class as well, and he passed it - of course!



 We looked forward to spending time together during Christmas. We did a lot of baking, cuddling, and spending time with both of our families. We had many nights by the fire, cleaning deer, and date nights out and about that ended in coffee and a movie. If I haven't mentioned by now, we can usually just sit around together and look at each other without doing a thing at all - and we are both perfectly content with that.

 For Christmas, we had matching pajama pants that were green with white polar bears! We put those on one night and drove through town to enjoy the lights.


We also colored some, and went fishing! Ha! It may be somewhat of a shock to you that we were fishing on Christmas break, but we live in the heart of the south, and that's how the feather falls around here! 



Christmas day, I spent the morning with my family as usual, and David did too. Although David's morning started out QUITE differently than mine. 

On Christmas Eve, David went hunting with his step dad in Melvin. They had just placed a lean up in an old hayfield, and he was trying it out that afternoon. It was somewhat warm that day, but it got significantly cooler by dusk. As he waited, he noticed the body of a deer in the far left corner of the field, around 390 yards away. He approached the deer with his scope and took a shot at it. Sure that he had killed it, he waited a little while, called me to tell me, and later proceeded to look for it with no luck! He was disappointed, but he chalked it up as just being too far away. 
 When he came home, he told his sister about it, and she was going out that night with a few friends of hers, so they drove down to the land where David had hunted, nearly an hour away. She and her friends went by what David had told her about location, and they searched for hours for the deer David knew he had killed while David was tucked in bed like a bug in a rug :) 


 Around 2:30 am, Gabrielle came in David's room and woke him up - showing him a bullet. David, being a little disoriented said, "what is that!?" She told him what was going on, and led him outside to his deer. He texted me to tell me about it, and I just so happen to wake up when it was sent, and I was able to celebrate via text message during the wee hours of Christmas morning. 




The rest of break we just enjoyed each other. We made a gingerbread house, spent time by the tree, and fell even more in love. David got me a beautiful "Key to My Heart" necklace for Christmas, along with some silver ball earrings. His mom gave me some wonderfully smelling Woodwick things, and I bought him a few things to add to his wardrobe, and my family did as well! 

Our first Christmas together was one for the books, and I can't wait to celebrate the next! 







No comments:

Post a Comment