7.16.2013

Weekend Showers


This past weekend, I was at David's again! I will be going back this weekend, too. We have been kind of busy lately! Last weekend I went for recreation, and this past weekend we had a wedding shower to attend, and the upcoming weekend I will go because David's on call for work. I plan to make some homemade lasagna, maybe some homemade rolls (or a dessert) and rent a movie before I leave on Friday since we won't be able to go far from the house incase he gets a call! 

Anyway, on Friday we rode down and spent some time with friends, and I met yet another one of David's friend's from high school. I enjoy meeting them! We hung out for awhile, and on Saturday we hung around until time to get ready for the shower. 


These two are getting married in around 3 months, so the celebration is getting into full swing! 
This past weekend, they were showered with Shed and Lawn gifts from most of Bonner's family and friends of his. Three of the bridesmaids (including his sister) were able to attend, and it was hosted at a really pretty landing by the river. There was good food, good conversation, and despite the fact that it looked like it was going to rain, there was good weather! 
We have been discussing other showers that will be upcoming for Hollie, and she has been finalizing some details about the wedding, too. With both of us being in school, it's been CRAZY to try and get together lately, but we managed to catch up every now and then - which seems insane to say, but I guess such is life. I think we are both embracing this season even though it's in two very different ways.
I love that this season of mine and David's life has arrived - our friends are getting married, and everyone makes jokes about "getting us married", but we are always assured that that time and season will arrive when the time is right, and we are both thankful for this time we have now. 
I'm also thankful for David, who is a hard-working, level-headed man!
Sunday was spent on the tractor and with David's mom and sister. I can't wait to attend church with them this Sunday! It will be fun to get plugged in a church around David's community. 

Lastly, I have a neat story to share!
David & I saw this flower Sunday & I loved everything about it - from the color to the uniqueness of the petals. 
Daddy told me he a little about the flower, and after I searched a little I found that the flower (sometimes called a "maypop") is said to represent the last days of Jesus before He was crucified.
 What I found to explain it said this: "it is believed that several parts of the plant, including the petals, rays, and sepals, symbolized features of the Jesus' final days before He was crucified. The five petals and five petal-like sepals represented the 10 apostles who remained faithful to Jesus throughout the Passion. The circle of hairlike rays above the petals suggested the crown of thorns that Jesus wore on the day of His death." Even though this one isn't fully in bloom, it's said also that when it is, an actual cross can be found through the middle of the flower around its stigma! I've also heard it only blooms for 3 days - further exemplifying Jesus' resurrection. 
His beauty and promises are everywhere.

Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

  1. Love that you called Mikell, "Bonner" haha! Definitely something that David would call him! :) I also love that story about the flower, so neat! I hope we get to see yall at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH! You know, I actually thought about changing it and decided not to because that is actually what I call him. I don't think I've EVER said "Mikell". Funny the habits we take on from each other, but YES! I hope we do too!

      Delete