4.30.2014

ODMFAY: April!

Well, April was quite the month for me. I finished with school, basically, during that month and all I had to do the first week of may was take finals. However, other plans were also on the horizon for me during that week, but I will share that later!

I say all of that to say, we didn't complete our April date for the month. SAD! It was so cute, too! It was a "stargazing" date, and I was bummed, but we were both so busy, and we didn't get to see each other two weekends out of that month. Believe me, neither of us liked it! However, school is OVER for me, and I could not be more excited. I am so glad that my weekends with David will always be for sure now, and I don't have to study another notecard. I feel so FREE! I doubt I ever miss college. I didn't enjoy it AT-ALL, really, but I did make a lifelong friend, and I am so gratetful for that.

Getting back to the date, in order to make up for us not doing our April date, David texted me Friday & said "I think when I get to your house, we should go somewhere & sit on the tailgate of my truck and watch the sun set." HINT: when your boyfriend says that, you never say NO! EVER! I am always so pleased to be anywhere with David, but he knows I love to do simple things like that, and it was such a thoughtful gesture for him to ask. So, as sure as he arrived Friday we took off and watched the sun set and were finally able to catch up on what seemed like forever to us. Talking on the phone and texting throughout the week has become so tedious for us. We just don't enjoy it anymore. However, we push through because that's what we have to do for now. We like to be with each other, see each other, and talk face to face -  as most normal couples do! Ha!

David makes the simple things so special for me. He never complains, and he always goes out of his way to make me feel loved - even if it's the simplest ways. He writes me notes and leaves them in my car, he opens all doors for me, and he never EVER lets me stay mad for longer than about 15 minutes.

I'm finding out, through planning these dates and it STILL being so hard for us to make time for them, that we are just TOO busy. Life is so short, and I would love to spend every waking moment with him, but I know that cannot be. We have to step back and prioritize the things that matter the most to us, and time with each other is very key to what makes a relationship work. Since we are limited to the weekends, we have to make the most of that time, and since May is almost up -- I guess we better squeeze that date in! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment