6.26.2014

Beach 2014


Last Saturday morning ended the countdown for our family beach trip, and though the odds were against our favor, we were able to go! I was SO excited and GRATEFUL! 

We made the normal 5 hour drive that turned into 7 hours because of traffic, so even though we left at 7am we were still way after lunch getting there. 

David and I drove Mimi's car, Mom and Dad were in mine, and Matt and Mimi were in Matt's truck. We had to take several vehicles because let's face it - 3 women were going! Ha! Just kidding.


We got to Foley and David & I stopped by the outlet because I wanted new glasses, so we hung around getting those and then made our way to the condo! 


The first night, we at Doc's Seafood House and it was delish! Since David can't have seafood, he ate a hamburger and loved it! I had oysters and grilled shrimp. Yum!


Afterwards, we all went to the Hangout where Matt cracked us all up the entire time we were there. This photo is priceless to me! This is how everyone usually is around Matt. He's a nut! 


On the first day at the beach, we mainly kept cool under our tent, but I convinced myself to get in the water {something I never do because I am far too familiar with the movie Jaws, and that is clearly home of the sharks, so I usually don't invade}. However, I made myself comfortable about waist deep, and we threw the football for awhile. I have to admit, it was refreshing! I also have to admit that every time I missed the ball, I would think I saw a jellyfish in the water when it was actually the shadow of the ball on the water. 
I'm insane, I know. 


That night, Matt went to see some friends of ours that were also at the beach, and David and I went to the souvenir store where David found a hat that he "HAD TO HAVE" and I found one too because he's a bad influence. :) 

It was beginning to storm pretty bad, so we came back to the room fairly early and watched the storm for awhile from the balcony and later from the living room. 


The winds from the storm caused our tent a little trouble, so Matt and David spent the early morning repairing it after we made a trip to Target for some Gorilla Tape!

It was like new after that!

We are new to taking a tent to the beach, but we all loved it so much! There was plenty of room for all of us and all of our "necessities". 

We got the ladder ball game out that day, and played a few rounds that became fairly competitive before it was all said and done!


Before Dad had to leave, we all went out to eat at Ribs and Reds. We had never eaten there before, but the food was good! I had fried shrimp, and David had a steak! He said it was really good, too!

We said goodbye to dad, and we headed off to Target to shop!



We took a few pics when we got back. 
I love this guy! 


That night, Matt, David, and I all sat on the beach and watched yet another storm pass by! The lightening was beautiful! 


{lightening}


On Tuesday, we spent another full {beautiful} day at the beach, and David took me out on a date that night. Unfortunately, I got scorched by the sun, and ended up with a migraine. It was terrible! We kept our yearly tradition of going to Cosmo's, and David got Chicken Alfredo. 
If you have someone with a seafood allergy with you, this place is super accommodating about it! They have been very nice every time we have been!


I got seafood pasta; it has shrimp, crab meat, sundries tomatoes, snow peas, and broccoli in it. Mmm! 
I had to take most of it home with me, and I actually ate it for lunch today! It was just as good as before!


We attempted to go to the Wharf and ride the ferris wheel because I thought I could endure it, but after we paid and stood in line, I decided I was too nauseous to handle it. :( 
No fun! 

We went back to the condo, and David sat on the couch with me while I slept for the next 3 hours. 
He is truly a little doll.


Yet again, a trip to the beach with David was a success, and I am so glad we got to spend it with my family, too! 
I have always prayed for my future husband, and part of that prayer was that he would blend with my family well. I am so thankful that he fits right in! 

Love you for the rest of always!

No comments:

Post a Comment