4.24.2016

Our First Look!

It has been awhile (like, almost a year 'awhile'), but moving away from home means having no internet... until recently! So, I am back to finish up our wedding blogs. In no particular order. Just as I feel led to. 

And I feel led to share our "first look" today.

I went back & forth with this idea. I wanted to do a first look because I thought it would calm our nerves before the ceremony, and I knew it would save time in the long run as far as pictures and the reception were concerned. On the other hand, I wasn't so sure about it because I wanted our very first look to be authentic and genuine as I walked down the aisle with my Daddy. 
However, the pro's outweighed the con's when it came to the first look, and despite what everyone says about it - it is worth it! 
For us, it was just as special as it would have been during the ceremony, minus all of the people and the music.


My dressed had been fluffed. 
My hair had been fixed.
My veil had been put on. 
My perfume had been misted. 
My hands were shaking. 
My feet were bare. 
But my {almost} husband was waiting for me -
no time to spare.


In some ways, it seemed like the longest walk of my life, 
but it was gone in a flash.



It was the last time that David would have to wonder what I would look like in my wedding dress. The last time he had to keep an old image of me in his mind until he saw me in person again. It was the first time he would open his eyes and vision his wife there - instead of his girlfriend or his fiancĂ©. It was the first time for me to really have a second to think, "This is happening. I am almost his. Forever." 
The next time we would walk down this sidewalk, it would be side by side - neither of our backs to each other. Hand in hand, not one falling beside us. It would be as one - unified - forever, no longer separated because God joined us together. 




.."It's always been a mystery to me, how two hearts can come 
together and love can last forever..


..but now that I have found you I believe that a miracle 
has come when God sends His perfect one..


..now, gone are all my questions about why, and I've never
been more sure of anything in my life..


..He must have heard every prayer I've been praying..


..because He made all my dreams come true..


..when God made you, oh I thank God He made you; when God made you,
He must have been thinking about me."


Our first look was one of complete amazement to me. I can remember looking at David through blurry eyes as I fought back tears. Those tears came from the joy that I felt in knowing that He was (is) mine. 
He will always be my first look. 
On June 27, 2015, every morning when I wake up, and every day after work. 
And my last look as I fall asleep each night and leave for work in the mornings. 


It's kind of nice looking through these almost a year later because I am able to say that He still greets me with that look on his face every single time that he sees me. 
He makes me feel desired, loved, and cherished. 


This first look was the beginning of a new look on our lives together as a married couple. We have faced many firsts since that first look, and it has been a great adventure - as long as we can face the firsts together, the ride will be well worth it for me. 


*all photo credit to: twice the focus


1 comment:

  1. I love that you shared this! What a special moment! We didn't do a first look but I LOVE to see them! So memorable. I hope you have these pics framed somewhere!

    ReplyDelete