2.05.2013

COW CRAZY!


When I was small, I hated cows. 
Bascially, I hated any animal that was bigger than me.

Being around them made me feel very "unable to control the situation" and nervous. 

  

I started reading The Pioneer Woman's confession page and viewing her photography  awhile back, and she always had a way of making cattle look gorgeous. 

I wanted to love them because of her photos, and I wanted to print all of her photos and print them to frame. 


Once David and I started dating, I realized that cows were going to quickly become a part of my life.
He helped his stepdad with a farm, and we were always having to go feed them, check on them, and make sure the fences were okay for them.


As a matter of fact, our first photo together was taken before we loaded the tractor to go bush-hog and check on the cows! 


Since last October 2011, David has been inching me closer to the cows. First he would just let me sit in the tractor, then the would ask me to open the gates. Later, he would ride out in the middle of them while we were both on the 4-wheeler.



Now, I actually ASK David to go see the cows (and horses), and I have actually rode a horse too! 
I love them. 
I've always heard that animals can tell if you are nervous around them, and they become nervous if you are - and it is true! 
Once I calmed down and allowed myself to be around them, I have grown to love them. 


Now, I don't take nearly the photos that The Pioneer Woman does, but I am pretty proud of the quality that comes from these photos because they were taken on my iPhone. 
I always say I am going to take my camera to David's, but I forget. 

Moral of the story:

I hated cows (and horses).
I like cows (and horses) now. 
Don't be so afraid of everything because it's probably nothing to be afraid of anyway. 
{except clowns. and coyotes.}



No comments:

Post a Comment