2.07.2013

Organization! (My Armoire)


Hello blog friends!

Today I want to show you how I overcame my severe OCD with my armoire. 

I cannot stand clutter. For some that know me, they may be raising a brow at that because I leave my room in a mess before leaving in the mornings, but rest assured - it gets cleaned up before I can do anything when I get back. 
{my bed may or may not be made up right now}

Anyway, this summer I got really sick of my organization in my armoire (see top photo). 
This is where I store my beauty items! 
Everything from tanning lotion to Neosporin is in those drawers, and I love having everything in its own place! 

This armoire used to house picture frames, a huge stereo, and memorabilia from my high school days, but since my love for makeup grew {over the course of a summer, really}, I needed more space. 

So, I bought all of these drawers at Dollar General or Walmart, and I grabbed some scrapbook paper that I already had. 
I then cut the paper to fit the front of the drawers and & taped them to the inside.

 That eliminated the "junky" look!
(see bottom photo)

Although you can't see what's inside from the outside, I know what's inside! 

This small "DIY" has allowed me to sleep better at night! 

I believe that the space you live in should inspire you. 
It shouldn't be a place you dread walking into. 
So, this made things a little less dreadful for me!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment