4.09.2013

I'm An Aunt!


No, Matt hasn't run off & gotten married, and he certainly hasn't birthed a child, but he HAS adopted one, and WE ARE ALL so excited!!

Prepare yourself for a photo-vomit post... 


We met "TK" a few weeks ago. As many of you know, Matt moved into a new house, and he decided (after much thought, mind you) that he was going to get a puppy. He already had his name picked out before he ever met him for the first time, and when he saw him - he knew that he was "the one".


This is Matt meeting TK for the first time. It was such a sweet moment, and I'm so glad he asked me to tag along. This was also the same day that we went hunting together. 


The puppies belonged to a friend of ours, so we were excited to meet the pups and visit with them as well. Truth be known, I could have taken every single one of them home with me! They were all precious! But now, of course, I am partial to my sweet "nephew", TK!


He has the sweetest eyes, the biggest head, and the fattest belly that you'll ever see on a 5 week old puppy, and it seems like his little personality is transforming with each passing day.


He LOVES to sleep! We know this means he is growing, but we spend a lot of time just sitting and watching him snooze - it's like he is a baby, wondering when he will wake up, if he needs to go to the bathroom, if he's hungry, etc.


I love the fact that Matt has a companion to stay inside and keep him company! He is such a great "master" to TK already! He is grasping the word "no", and he gets SO excited to see Matt when he hasn't in a couple of hours.



He sits with his hands folded over each other - such good posture :)

These next few are from the first night that he came home:










Matt's friend, Ross, and his wife, Lauren, were married on the first weekend of March, and they got a sister to TK. Her name is Sadie! This is the second litter that Matt and Ross have had siblings out of.


We even swaddle him like a baby, ya'll! 
True. Life.


He prefers to eat like this because why not?
Wouldn't want anyone to steal your food!


You can't really tell, but his "pillow" in this picture is a hedgehog that quacks like a duck, and he loves it! He will play with it more than the 12732462 other toys that we've bought for him.




This was him today:



Needless to say, we are so excited for the new addition to the family! Matt will be a perfect "master" for him, and I can't wait to see what all he teaches him. Dogs, labs in particular, have always been our family pet, and they are wonderful dogs. They are kid friendly, smart, great retrievers, have human-like personalities, protective, and their main desire is to please their master.

I'm so so excited to "be an aunt!"



The photo on the left was the day Matt picked out TK (or rather the day TK picked Matt) and the right was Thursday when Matt picked TK up! He has already grown and changed so so much! 

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Just found your blog from the guest post you wrote for Kalyn! I love the Chalkboard frame you made and hopefully I'll be able to make one for myself soon! :) Looking forward to following your blog!
    Heather @ From Here to There
    www.feather10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading the post and stopping by here! I have been out of the blog world for the last week, so I am so sorry for the late reply! I will definitely be checking out your blog! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

      Delete
  2. #swoon! I could love on that all day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, he's so loved I believe he actually thinks he's a human now. :)

      Delete