7.11.2013

Missing the Baby...

 I have to pout for a minute. 


My sweet angel nephew {who I honestly claim as my child} is gone off to Obedience and Water Training school, and I am a mess. 


I had no idea that I would miss him like I do now, but I am not kidding when I tell you that I feel like he is gone forever. It's only two months (maybe 3?), but do you know how long that is? By then I will be back into my 3rd semester of SLP school, and he will be 7 months old. 


I am so used to seeing his sweet, sad eyes every morning when I come downstairs and his wagging tail when I come home in the afternoons.



There is NOTHING like love from this sweet pup, and I can't bear him not being given a life of luxury - even if it is only for 3 months. He has never stayed a night outside, and he will tonight. He's never been penned up, and he will be for awhile. He's never only had to get out for 20 minutes a day, and he will now. 


I worry about him being lonely, feeling abandoned, and wondering if we will ever come get him. I worry about him overheating and something BAD happening to him. I even worry about his manners & going to the bathroom - will he make himself sick holding it because he knows he's supposed to go in the grass? 


I am crazy, and I am fully aware, but I promise ya'll I don't know what to do with myself! I am a basket-case. 


Last night I played outside with him for awhile, and I just cried and cried. This morning, I let him come in my room (you can call from downstairs, "TK go get Julianna!" & he will come upstairs to my room), and I squalled while he chewed up my water bottle. 


I feel like a parent who sent their kid somewhere for the summer. I can only hope that he enjoys his trip more than I enjoy him being gone because each time I scroll down to type something inbetween these photos, I have to type through cloudy eyes.


I really do hope that he takes well to being without us. I've noticed if he goes without seeing someone that he sees everyday (Dad, Matt, Mom), he tends to act sort of down/depressed.


If you've never owned a dog or loved a pet, this post will definitely seem WACKO to you, but I have never loved a four legged creature quite like I love TK, and I say that with a dog (Marlee) of my own.


He is full of personality, and he's wild as a goose.


Matt caught me off guard Tuesday when he said that TK would be going Thursday, and I kept ignoring the fact that the day was approaching.


Well, here it is. I said goodbye, and I left town because I didn't want to be here when he left. Now, I kind of regret that, but I couldn't watch him leave the house. 


Mom said that he didn't want to leave. He wanted to come inside our house, and that breaks my heart. I know it's insane to think that they actually have thoughts, but how couldn't they? How could an animal with such personality not have thoughts? Dogs get sad, happy, angry, and intrigued, so I firmly believed that he has feelings of his own.


We do get to see him every 2 weeks, but I don't know if that will help or hurt me. I don't know if I can see him and leave him in the same day. I don't get upset in front of people, but I will be a whaling mamma when I have to part with him again.


I haven't accepted that he "HAD" to go, and honestly I didn't want him to go. I wouldn't have my feelings hurt if he came home early, but that's wishful thinking.


He did have fun with us until time to go, and we all love him so much - I know he knows that, and again I know I'm crazy & act like he's not coming back, but whatever.



I wouldn't even mind if he came home & chewed all my shoes up! Seriously!! 
I mean, how could you be mad at that face?


TK is so smart, and I have no doubt that he will sail through training. He isn't going because he's a "BAD" dog. He's going because Matt wants him to be properly trained to duck and dove hunt, maybe even blood trail a deer. 
That's what Labradors are made for - it's in their blood.


His family all have wonderful papers, and I am sure that he will make all of us proud too. I just wish he could go and come home at night.


BUT - that's not how it goes. 


I will miss him and cry for him often, I am sure of that.


Excuse the no makeup & cray-z hair in the pic on the right, but I'm the only one he will let hold him like that. 
He loves me. :) 






(he actually "gave me 5" all the times I asked but I was looking at him in the camera and we couldn't find each others hands, HA!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment