7.10.2013

love in a blueberry field.


This past weekend was so refreshing! David has been coming here a lot on the weekends because I have had sessions booked up {not complaining about that}, yet we haven't been used to such unbalance in our life! We usually alternate weekends, but before I knew it I had 3 or 4 sessions scheduled over the course of 3 weekends. So! This was the first weekend that I was able to head to Alabam, and I was THRILLED! 

Before Friday, we celebrated the 4th at the barn. All of the family was present, and although it was rainy we cooked hamburgers and enjoyed listening to the rain pop against the tin roof of the barn. 
Our shirts are from Southern Tradition Collection, my friend from school is the mastermind behind the company, and her shirts are all about the South! Check her out! 


Even TK loves celebrating America like we do! 



The whole kitten-kaboodle had their "'Merica" shirts on! 
It was a sight! 


That night, David and I contemplated going to a fireworks show outside of town, but we decided to have our own in the parking lot at home. I enjoyed it much more than I probably would have at the other one. The pure joy of watching him light the fuse and run for cover was entertainment enough for me. I even got a little kiss behind the sparklers out of the deal ;)


On friday I woke up anticipating my departure to Alabam. On the days that I plan to go, I usually spend the day in my room - packing essentials and trying not to forget things. A cute outfit, a ton of comfy clothes, makeup, fashwash, etc! I try to keep myself busy so that time will fly - and sure enough, it did! 
Once I made it to David's, we decided to take a ride. We cruised for awhile, visited with a friend, and made our way back home. 

Saturday, we kept thinking it was going to rain. However, it didn't! David and I spent the day around the house. We rode the golf cart around, went to visit David's aunt, and spent the afternoon riding dirt roads. Gabrielle tagged along too, and I always love when she does. I am thankful that both of us have such close relationships with our siblings, and that they enjoy being with us, too. 




Late afternoon is David's favorite time to ride. He loves looking at places, and he loves the evening sky - that confirms yet another reason why I am sure we are kindred spirits. There is nothing I love more than a sunset because each is different, and sometimes if you catch them like they have been lately, right after the rain, the clouds will separate and produce the most incredible colors that you will ever see. 


After dark, we rode to Redbox and rented "The Call". I had a feeling that David may not like it {he's not into scary movies, and as I've gotten older - neither am I}, but I wanted to see this one! It isn't scary, it's just quite the thriller. I think I suffered from a little anxiety over it, but for the most part I loved it! 
{for those of you who are into this sort of thing, it reminded me of Silence of the Lambs} 


On Sunday, we traveled back over into Mississippi to a friend of David's stepdad's. He farms blueberries, and I had never seen his place before. 
It. Is. Beautiful. 

He has a wide blueberry orchard, a brand new one, and one he's been farming for the last couple of years. The blueberries (as shown above) are HUGE, and you can eat them right off the vine. He uses no pesticides or harmful chemicals to treat them, and they are wonderful. This is coming from someone who is SUPER weird about food/textures and actually doesn't even like blueberries! 


I think that the fields are beautiful. However, I love any kind of planted field, whether it be corn, cotton, ...or blueberries! 
It was my PERFECT day. Cloudy, drizzling rain, and not too hot. 
I think days like that are romantic!


Just to go ahead and finish that cheesy statement up, I think that most days romance can be found when you're with someone you love. David always makes me feel special, and he and I have the grandest time together. 


Even if we are just standing in a blueberry field. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! So glad you got to slow down this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's nice to be able to breathe some fresh air!

      Delete