8.21.2013

Is it okay to complain?


Here we are, two days into class, and I'm already wondering when there will be time for David and I to spend together again. Of course, we will still see each other every weekend, but sometimes (like this weekend) I will be busy with things that were planned that I cannot change. Granted, I'm sure those things will be enjoyable, but I ABSOLUTELY hate when our time is cut short when he's here. 
Sunday we will go see TK after church, too, and so that cuts our time together that day down as well (even though we will be together). I'm looking forward to seeing TK, of course, but I know it's kind of redundant for David to come here on Friday, travel {basically} all the way back towards his house to see TK on Sunday, come back from seeing TK and spend the night here Sunday night just to drive RIGHT back over there on Monday morning for work.
This is the busiest time of the year for me! School is starting and gets into full swing FAST, some of our best friends are getting married, so we are attending many things for them, fall photography sessions are fixing to be piling up, and sometimes I loose sight of being thankful for these things - I'd rather complain because that's the easiest thing to do. 
I've come to learn that having a busy schedule is sometimes a result of a blessed life. I am blessed more than I could ever type here. I know that Photography is something that The Lord blessed me with, and I know that I have been humbled by the experiences that He has placed in my path, and the same goes with the friends that we celebrate, the man I long to spend time every moment that I can, and the family that I have encouraging me in and throughout all the stress and trials of school. 
I shouldn't complain. 
But I'm human. 
I try not to let this blog be a debbie-downer, but today is one of those days, and oftentimes I have these days during school just thinking {and worrying} about the future where school is involved, but every morning at some point on my way to class, I try to remind myself that God is in control. HE is the Ultimate Planner - not my chevron striped agenda book. He knows what's in store for me, for us, and for the future. I fall so short of letting Him have my days because I become overwhelmed at what has to be done and don't remind myself of what's already been accomplished and where the roads that God has already paved for me have led. 

I am a true believer in "seasons". No only seasons involving weather, but seasons referencing our LIVES. Everyone has a season of life. I guess some people call them chapters, but in chapters {concerning books} there is already a set ending. With seasons, there's no prediction of how it will go. Summer's sometimes may be cooler than others. Winter's may not include snow. Spring's may last longer than expected, and Fall may never seem to turn to Winter. With season's of our lives, we should embrace them. We should be thankful for them - even if they're rainy seasons because without a rainy season, we wouldn't know how to genuinely appreciate a sunny day. 
My point is: I should allow myself to enjoy this current time in my life instead of complaining about what I would RATHER be doing, what I WISH I was doing, or what I COULD be doing. This season has been one of realizing my purpose in life, and while I fight to talk about it for fear that it won't work out and I will have to find a new purpose, I love that I feel comfortable in profession I've chosen, the friends I have, and the place where I stand. The next season of life will probably come faster than I expected, but I want to embrace it for whatever it is as well. I want to look back on THIS time and be able to say that I can appreciate where I was RIGHT NOW because of what I will be in the future. 
Some people don't get a chance at the opportunities that I've had. Sometimes I loose track and forget how fortunate and BLESSED I've been all this time, my whole life really, so why not seek happiness and fulfillment in everything I do? Why not live proud of the life that I have? After all, there's no real reason why anyone should waste energy being down about it. 


Thanks for reading. Me, myself, and I just needed a pep-talk. 
Happy Hump Day! 
{we're closer to Friday than we were Monday!}

No comments:

Post a Comment