9.24.2013

{A Much Needed} Weekend!



On Friday, David had HAD it with work and was ready to simmer down for a low-key weekend, and I had two test last week so we were rowing in the same boat! 

Thursday Mom and Dad spent a lot of time helping me prepare for the session, and I had an urge to let Marlee out! Most of you know that TK is also my love, but Marlee is MINE. Although I am not her "master" {my dad is because I didn't have the heart to discipline her when I got her}, she is my baby. She taught me what loving a dog was really like. I wish I could rewind and spend more time with her, but the time we have now will have to do. 
Excuse my mess of a face - long week. 

Saturday was the original date set for me to do Christmas sessions, and it was set to rain late Friday evening. Fortunately, I was able to work with a family that was very laid back, and we moved their session to Friday afternoon. Thankfully the other sessions agreed to move their sessions to this upcoming weekend! Whew. The only issue is a bridesmaid's luncheon that day, but I believe everything will fall into place closer to time.


I took this photo after the rain because the first time {David's} MeMaw showed them to me was after a rain, and I think that was essentially why I fell in love with them. The way the water beads up on succulents is just magical. She had received these beautiful things from a sister of hers, and when she showed them to me, I knew I had to have them. I asked David a few days later if he thought she would mind fixing me a pot to take home so I could have some of my own, to which he replied, "She would LOVE that!" So, alas - the next week I was there, she had prepared two sweet little pots of these succulents {or ghost plants as she called them} for me to take home, and she had heard me say that I loved this old beat up teapot that she had, so she put them in there. 
Oh, how I wish I could walk with her in her garden one more time... 
However, I have to thank her for planting my love for succulents. 

So, once David arrived we had supper and decided to kick back and watch tv and not do much. Since starting school, those have become the perfect weekends for me. In the summer, when i'm home most of the time, I want to go - go - go! Now, Since I have a 60 mile round trip everyday, I am perfectly fine with hanging out at home! 


On Saturday, we went to some of our family land, unloaded the four-wheeler and rode around for awhile and enjoyed the fall-ish weather. It was SO nice out! I am definitely one of those girls that feels a cool breeze and instantly wants to put boots, scarves, leggings, and frumpy sweaters on. :) 

Sidenote: I love that David still reaches for my hand while we are driving down the road. Although we have been only dating for almost 2 years, I feel that sometimes people loose track of just being together,  enjoying each others presence, and that's something I never want to happen. I'm thankful that he reaches out for me.

That afternoon, I had promised that I would take David on a date. Now, it may seem strange that I was taking him on a date, but I have said this before - I believe that he should be "DATED" just like he dates me. I think it's important to make him feel special just as he makes me feel special. If he was the kind of guy that wanted flowers picked off the side of the road, you can bet your last dollar I would pull   over at the sight of beautiful flowers. 


I told him earlier in the week that I wanted to take him out to dinner, and I knew where he would choose to eat. And I was right! A local steakhouse about thirty miles from where I live, and as always - it was delicious! 


We ate dinner, made a trip to Lowe's {no, we aren't married or building a house, ha!}, and ended the night sharing a cup of fro-yo - made by yours truly. 
I love date nights! 
We haven't been on a date NIGHT in awhile! We have been on plenty of afternoon dates, but we have become accustomed to staying around once it gets dark out. Actually, I have become terrified of being in public at night. I loathe it. 
However, I really enjoyed this date! David couldn't talk me into going into a theatre though - too much for Julianna in one night. Maybe next time. During the day. 

On Sunday, we went to church and came back to spend the day lounging {again}. I had some notes to write for school, David wanted to do a few things with his truck, and I wanted to craft some, so we tackled all of that and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the refuge. 



I drew these pumpkins out on a thin piece of wood, and David cut them out for me with the jigsaw. I can handle a jigsaw pretty well, but I didn't know if I could scallop the bottom of the pumpkin or cut the detailed stem and leaf out. He made the comment, "If you can draw it, I can cut it!"
I think we make a pretty good team. :)


Last, but not least, the cheesiest of cheese.
{I don't care - I love it!} 
I've been having way too much fun with my editing apps lately, 
and I'm loving the iOS7 update, too, for the most part! 

Happy Tuesday! 
Expect an update on TK soon! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment