9.16.2013

TK Goes to School: Our 4th Visit!


I am an entire week late posting this one, SORRY! 
Here goes! 


Last sunday we made our way over to see TK, and BOY was he glad to see us! 
We got out of the truck and he saw the truck when we pulled up and immediately started whining. 
He knew it was us :)


TK has had another bad week :( 
He is still learning forced fetch, and while he has all the information he needs, he hasn't quite connected the dots yet.


Trainer Matt showed us a little of where TK's at, and I'll be honest - I couldn't watch. 
Forced fetch is reinforced by a tugging {or pinching} of the ear, and needless to say, I'm surprised that TK has any ear left. 

I felt really sorry for him, but I know that this is part of the process!


However, he's retrieving well...



That makes me happy! He's maintaing the things he has already learned, so he is steadily progressing. I'm just hoping that when we go back, Forced Fetch will be over! The longer it takes him to catch on, the longer the stay. 
I'm sure you can understand my desire for him to catch on now...


{I think this was when he was spitting his tongue out at Trainer Matt for pulling on his ears so much!} 

Ha! Ha! :)



He, as always, was happy to see Matt and stuck by his side. It's amazing that he seems to have it figured out now. He answers to Trainer Matt temporarily until he goes home, and then he's Matt's again. Even though he hasn't stopped being Matt's, I think he and Matt will have a stronger connection because of this. TK knows who Matt is and always hangs close by when he's around.


David was able to go, too, and we love little TK!




TK's water retrieval was good, too! Matt was glad of that. Trainer Matt had told Matt when we got there, that Forced Fetch was hard for some dogs, but it's also sometimes a good thing that it takes them longer to catch on. I think Trainer Matt was mostly frustrated because TK can do everything alone in Forced Fetch, he just can't do it all together yet. He encouraged Matt by telling him that TK is a good, smart dog with tons of potential.






My FAVORITE pictures of dogs are of them shaking off. These are hilarious to me! 
If you click on them to enlarge, I'm sure you'll agree! 





He's just a growing, learning boy, but I have to admit - I'm ready to bring him home. I have a Halloween outfit already picked out for him, so we'll see.. 
{Don't think I won't take it over there and put it on him just for a photo because I WILL!}


Also, on a fun note - TK's sister, Sadie, whom I mentioned last time has just finished her second week of school, and her owners {and some of our sweet friends} came to visit her last week, too. We had so much fun watching her and TK interact with each other. 
Everyone said that they had no doubt that she and TK knew they were siblings.









Here they are for comparison. 
Boy, they sure have grown, huh? 



No comments:

Post a Comment