9.10.2013

Feelin' 22!


Horrible blogger award goes to? 

ME! 

Who celebrated their 22nd birthday nearly a month ago & hasn't told ya'll about it? 

ME, again! 

Here goes... 


My birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, so David wasn't going to be here to celebrate the actual day, so we decided to do the "family" thing while he was here. On sunday, after visiting TK, we came home for cake and ice cream! Mom also cooked! 


Fortunately David didn't plan a surprise birthday visit because I ended up having a migraine on the eve of the birthday, and it left me feeling pretty weird all day the next day! Nonetheless, all of the love I got from my twitter, facebook, and instagram family made me smile! I appreciate ya'lls love so much! 



I also got some snap chat love, which is MY FAVE!! 


By the weekend, I was headed over to Davids, and all he would tell me is that he had a surprised planned for me on Saturday! I woke up so excited about whatever he had planned, and he didn't even tell me what his plan was until we were almost there! He's getting really good at keeping secrets :) 
We arrived at my favorite restaurant {sushi}, and he told me during lunch that he were going to go to the flea market and I was going to pick out something that I liked as my birthday gift. He knows my love language, ya'll! Unfortunately, I didn't find anything that I couldn't live without while we were there, so we didn't get anything. We did, however, make a memory, and I can't wait for us to run across that one piece of furniture or unique find and say, "That's it! That's the one!" I look forward to pulling all of these pieces out one day when the time comes for us to get married and be able to reminisce on how we came about the piece, how we restored it, or how we learned the story of it originally. That, I believe, is the basis of why I love antiquing, junking, or thrifting of any kind! Everything has a story. 
Oh! He also took me by dirt cheap and a yard sale on the way home :)


It has become "a thing" for us to have a movie rented from Redbox every night of the weekend. I kind of like it because we actually make time to chill after dinner and spend some time together watching movies. Since the nearest Redbox is about 15 minutes away, we kind of make a trip out of it. On this trip, I had heard about this house in York, AL, where an artist had rebuilt it into a theatre for the town to congregate at. Believe it or not, this is it! Here's the video! I highly suggest watching it. It's very interesting!


It feels crazy to watch a video that was once posted on the Huffington Post, based on a place I travel through to go to David's every time I go, but i'm sure it was solely because of the mastermind behind it!


Sunday we actually went BACK shopping, and David's mom tagged along too. I ended up finding shoes for a wedding, a pair of boots, and a new purse! David was polite enough to carry those things around for me {and take a little break, too!}


On Monday, since it was a holiday, I was able to stay over at David's for the day. He woke me up and told me that we were having a lesson in plowing fields. I immediately got dressed and told my dad via text message to which he responded, "Good! I been needin' a little help!" 
David was very patient with me, and I like to think that I caught on quick. :) He showed me a few times, riding where he's standing in the photo above, and as much as I loved him teaching me new things I think he loved the humor in watching me do it "my way" just as much! 

Once he told me that I had done a good job, and we were finished, I asked, "So, you want me to go put the tractor up?" 
To which he responded, "Uhh.. Well, I think I may go over it one or two times!" 

:-P 


When I got home, mom had transformed the house into fall, and it made me SO excited that I had to go upstairs, put on my sweater, and light my marshmallow fireside candle. Seriously, so happy about this time of the year! 

My birthday was great, but I have to say that this was the first year that it's felt like "just another day". Sure, I was made to feel special, but I think it's just a sure sign of getting old. 
Boo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment