9.15.2013

This Weekend Made Me Realize...


I spend a ton of time writing on here about what we do on the weekends, and I am glad that I do! I love looking back on this blog and remembering the times that I seemingly forget too often, but sometimes I want to share so much more, and I just don't for fear of "rambling on".. but I guess if you visit this space, you don't mind my rambling, right? So, I will tell you about this weekend, but I will tell you differently than usual. 

By Friday, I always NEED a Friday. Three months of a break reminded made me forget how stressful being an SLP undergrad student can be! Whew! I know the best is yet to come, but I like to relish the time I have now to spend with David and my family, and by Friday I was ready to head further south to do that. 
It had just been a long week. 

When I arrived at David's, we didn't spend long hanging around his house. We left and went riding. As crazy as it may be, riding is "our time". We love to watch the sunset on a dirt road and talk about our week, our weekend we have planned, or our favorite - our future. 

Friday made me realize that laughter is truly the best medicine for two people who love each other and have been apart all week
I feel like our souls collide even more than they already do when we laugh together. It's like the glue that fits us together binds a little tighter when we share a moment of laughter, and David keeps me laughing. 

On Saturday, David had to do some work for the people who lease their property, and I needed to stay back and study while he did that. I couldn't help but be flooded by thoughts of when we start our forever together and how our saturdays will be spent - him doing yard work, me spending time in the kitchen, or hopefully on the tractor with him some. I knew I needed to study, but I longed to be beside him in his happy place. I know how much he loves to be doing tractor work, and I love to see him do that type of thing. 
Later that day, we had a little session of photos done {that I can't WAIT to share soon} for our two year "date-aversary". It's a little tradition we started, and I am SO glad we did! I love documenting things by photographs, so it's the perfect thing for us.

Saturday made me realize that real love can be seen. Sure, love can be heard, but it needs to be seen rather than heard. You've seen those people together and thought, "They really DO care about each other." You can even look at photos and tell! I can go on and on saying things regarding David, how he makes me feel, how thankful I am for him, but I think it is important to be able to see that in us {and not just us, anyone}, not just have to hear us SAY these things. It simply makes me teary-eyed just thinking about the love I have for him and him for me. 
 I do express my love for him through words, and we do TELL each other things all the time regarding our love for each other. I could not be more thankful for the person he is to me and for me. 
I could not hope for a better future for the two of us, being fully convinced that he is the rest of ME. 
The life that The Lord has planned for us could not come sooner for us. 
With all of that, I just would never want a relationship based solely on what others think of it because of something that's been said. I'd rather them see the testimony in it themselves as proof that real love happens. It's genuine, and love isn't a past tense thing. It's present. It's here, now, today, and tomorrow if we are granted that. 
So, it should be lived out.

Today, I struggled with leaving early to come home and study. I didn't want to leave, and I didn't want to pack. I never do. I always feel achy in my stomach when he shuts the door to my car and I pull out of the drive. There hasn't been many times that I've made it all the way home without getting upset about it. 

Sunday made me realize that time apart is getting harder as the days weeks go by.  Everyday I feel like something {someone} is missing until we are together again, and then my soul is safe, my heart is full, and my cup runneth over. 

We have learned to make the most out of the time we spend together. Sure, missing each other gets old, and sometimes we get tired of it, but loving each other through it and the payoff that Friday brings is always and will always be worth it. This time in our lives is precious. It's teaching both of us so much about our appreciation for one another and how to communicate in all circumstances, and for that I am thankful! SO thankful! I couldn't be happier that David is the one by my side, and even though everyone says this - I don't know how I made it this long without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment