10.07.2013

Two Sweet Years...

David, 


It is so hard for me to believe that we have been together for two years. 
24 months!
730 days!



The time has flown. You know I can't believe it because you constantly have to correct me about it. I always try to say, "We've been together almost a year!" It simply just doesn't feel like it's been two. Time truly does fly when you're having fun! You make my whole world spin. You are my sanity on days when I've lost it. You can always find reason in everything for me - even on days when you can't find any for yourself. You never put yourself before me, and your gentleman ways astound me still. You open car doors for me, fix my dinner plate, and even carry my bags around when we shop together. You protect me and worry for me, and that means more than you'll ever know. I have thought of love ever since I was a little girl, sure, but falling in love with you has opened up my mind into so many sorts of dreams about what life will be like for us down the road, so much so that sometimes it's hard to focus on the here and now, so thank you for making the most of this time for me.



I admire so many things about you, and some of those things are so simple - yet they mean so much to me! Even small things like you listening to my crazy dreams in the mornings that we are together, the thoughfulness of your good morning texts, and the way your hand always finds its way to mine as we're driving down the road. I love that you never forget to compliment me, and I pray that I never forget to do the same for you. You make me feel beautiful on the worst of days. Those are things I never want to take for granted - your listening ear, your voice of reason, and your affection and kindness towards me. Most of all, you respect me, and your attitude reflects that. You always make sure I am okay, even when you are not. 


Laughing together is my favorite past-time with you, and I didn't realize until recently just how much we actually laugh together. We are constantly carrying on something - something that would make no sense to anyone but the two of us, and we laugh a lot. I am beginning to think that laughing is the actual glue that holds us together. 


You are my best friend. Not many people know me well enough to tell what kind of mood i'm in just through text messaging, and hardly no one can rid me of my selfish ways when I'm mad about something like you do. Somehow, I just seem to forget why I was mad from the start. You are my best friend for those reasons, but you're also my best friend for many others. You're also my teammate. I know many people find that in marriage, but I believe that a part of that trust with a teammate starts in building a sturdy foundation, and after all, isn't that what dating's about? You compliment me, and you begin right where I end. Thank you for that! 

When I am with you, I am home. I simply don't feel myself anymore when you aren't with me. Something is missing of me when you're not beside me, and as soon as I see your face, I am whole again. Your presence erases all feelings of loneliness from my being, and I am thankful for that.


Not only are you the reason I laugh so much, but you are my crying shoulder. When this life has been tough for both of us, we stand strong together and fight through this life. It's not always easy, and together we have seen some hard times, but I have no doubt that God created us for each other to stand by one another's side to endure these things together. 
Love endures all things.


Furthermore, I could never in a million years imagine how it felt to fall in love everyday, deeper in love everyday, until you came along. Everyone says they "thought they knew what love was until you came along," but I sincerely thought I had it figured out. I thought I knew what true, genuine, pure love felt like, but it wasn't until you took my heart that I was absolutely certain. Every morning I wake up having fallen deeper in love with you, looking forward to the day that I will see you again, that you will wrap your big, manly arms around me and embrace me in a hug.


So many things that I used to feel like would "never happen to me" you have made come true. You have learned me, gotten to know me, and I have done the same with you. You know my likes, my dislikes, and my everything in between. 
Yet, what makes it so much fun for both of us is that all of this time that we spent life apart is meshing together for us now, slowly. You tell me things about yourself that I have never heard, and I share my heart with you. I am always learning new things about you, and I always look forward to hearing things you've never told me before - and even things you've said to me a million times. 


I love that you never leave me without a heartfelt goodbye. 
You never want to leave here, and I never want to leave there. 
What a comfort and joy it is to know that at the end of the day, no matter where we are, we are still each others, and we are both longing to see each other again.


Thank you for the faith you've given me in loving someone. 
During our first year of dating it was hard for us to believe that we cared about one another as much as we did {do}, but I thank you for believing in your love for me, and I pray you will always find comfort in that. 
I know I will



You have blessed me in more ways than I could even remember. You have become not only my greatest and truest friend, but someone who has impressed my heart in a way that is indescribable to anyone aside from the two of us. I wouldn't trade the relationship and committment we have to one another for anything in this world. 



We have learned so much about friendship and relationships this year. Our eyes have been opened to the people who are really there for us and who have always been, and I am thankful that no matter what else has changed, you and I have remained the same. You have taught me not to base my happiness on others opinions, even if you haven't said that quote directly. This life isn't about pleasing others, but calling you mine sure does please me. 

Most of all, I pray that God's will will be done in both of our lives separately as well as our future lives together. I know He holds the Master Key to the future, and I can't wait to see what He has planned, but I would never want to do something outside of His plan for the two of us. 
Thank you for being patient with me, for waiting on me while I'm in school. Thank you for hoping for the future alongside me. There's no one else in the universe that I would rather be dreaming about it with. Thank you for embracing this season of our life and relationship together and for making the most out of it. 
There's truly no one better than you for me. 



Thank you for these last two years. 
Thank you for never leaving my side. 
Thank you for encouraging me, loving me, and caring about me. 
Thank you for being the truest friend I could ever ask for, 
and the greatest love I have ever known. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! You guys are adorable! Congrats on two years! :)

    P.S. - Matt still opens the car door for me too. Every time! It means so much doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I am so excited to virtually "see" your wedding happen! :) :)

      Delete