10.17.2013

Bama Weekend Recap!!

How often do I do a recap and start off with, "Whew! That was a much needed weekend"? Well, here's to another post like that! 

I have had the CRAZIEST last two weeks with school, and David has been so sweet to come here for the last couple of weekends. Plus, we've had Hollie's wedding that we were both in, festivities for her, and pile that into photography stuff & you're set to be busy for-ev-er!


So, on Friday I turned in my last project for the week and sent myself home packing for Alabama. It's always so refreshing to go spend the weekend there because I spend my weeks here, cooped up inside studying, and when David is here on the weekends I feel like there's nothing to do sometimes! SO! I left home around 4:30 because David was getting off of work late, and when I got there around 5:30, he had just pulled in too. 

We quickly got ready to go to town for his high school's homecoming. I was excited to go because I haven't been to a high school football game in probably two years, but I was also excited to meet Kalyn! Kalyn and David graduated from that same little small town school together, and I have no idea how the two of us connected {as a matter of fact, we tried to figure it out, and neither of us know!}. Anyway, she's just as sweet in person as she is through her blog, and she and I believe so many of the same things. It's nice to know someone my age who believes in old fashion morals like I do. It was a blessing to meet her!

Along with meeting her, I got to see several people that I had met prior to Friday night. Even some came out of their way to speak to me. It was really kind of them to do that, and it made me feel very "at home", if you will.


After leaving the game, we went into town for the ending of the first night of the festival. We had several friends there, and we decided to drop by for a quick hello before going home. It was fun! Since I haven't been over there in forever, I felt like I hadn't seen those people in AGES, and it was nice to get caught up on everything that we had missed with each other over the course of the last few weeks. 

On Saturday, David was determined to put in his new radio I got him for his truck! I just knew it wouldn't take long, but he started around 10am & finished around 1! CRAZY! He also installed new speakers, too, and that's what took the longest. After slaving over that all day, we hung around until late afternoon when we decided to go back to town for that night's portion of the festival.


 Gabrielle went with us too, and I always love that she will hang out with David & I! We were wishing that Matt had traveled over for it. He would have enjoyed it! We enjoyed supper at a local crawfish joint, had a great time under tents with friends, and even watched the band until around 9:30 when I had had enough of the scene and deemed it time to come home!


It was so good to see and spend time with people that I don't get to be with that often, but for some reason it had felt like SUCH a long day! So, we came home!


On Sunday, we went on our 2 Year Anniversary "date", and it wouldn't have been complete without a trip to walmart, so we managed that too! Unfortunately I didn't take a single photo that day, but we were both in t-shirts. Ha!

Before we left, we rented a movie and we watched it Sunday night {The Kings of Summer}, and it wasn't that good. Unfortunately! We enjoyed having nothing to do, though, and we got to spend time with his mom too! 

Monday morning, since I am on Fall Break, David took off work to spend an extra day with me! We had just been feeling lik even though we were together, we really hadn't SPENT TIME WITH each other. It's so important to do that, and to make time, and sometimes life gets in our way and we fail. So, Monday was a make-up day.


We were up bright and early to go to town for an appointment, and then we went on to the farm to grab the bush-hog and the box-blade. I told David on the way back that I loved going there with him because so many of our memories together from when we first started dating were made at that place! Just the feel of this time of the year makes me reminsce and thank God for allowing our paths to cross.


Tuesday I had the day off as well, and I spent the day blogging and preparing for test for the next two weeks! It's amazing what a little day off can allow you to do! Whew! 

This week is another calm before the storm, so if you would like to mention me in your prayers that would be SO much appreciated! 
Until next time! 
  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of these posts. I like the guidelines you've laid out here. Thanks for sharing us.
    Dog health | My pet diary

    ReplyDelete