12.19.2013

Last weekend!

Well, I talked about what we did Saturday here, but I decided that Sunday needed another post. So, here I am! {a week later}...


On sunday we attended my home church and made plans to come back for our annual Christmas Cantata that afternoon. I love this time of year, and one main reason is because of the Church services. I love that the church is decked in poinsettias, lights, velvet bows, and garland. Everyone is wrapped tightly in their pea coats and plaid scarfs, red vests and green shirts, white sweaters and red ponchos, and better yet - everyone ends their hello's with "Merry Christmas".  


Our choir sang an opening song, and after that many people followed in with special solos. We have some very talented individuals in our church, and it is a blessing! We had 6-8 different specials performed by 6 different individuals.


It's always a blessing to be in this church with these people, and honestly visiting other churches makes me even more thankful for mine! Of course, I love experiencing church in other places, but I also love coming home to mine - I love when David can be there beside me too. I had always prayed that one day there would be someone beside me who appreciated my desire to be in church and want to be with me. 
Hallelujah, the Lord has brought him to me. 


The most memorable portion of the cantata was placed smack dab in the middle of the program. Laura, my cousin, headed up a "sign team" which is exactly what it sounds like! A group of ladies from our church learned "Joy to the World" in ASL (American Sign Language) and performed it to music during the program. It - was - amazing!

Now, another weekend is approaching!
It is filled with Christmas FUN! I am off to David's on Friday to celebrate Christmas with his family! I can't wait to be over there, be with him, and see his family! 

David will travel back over here on Thursday (he only gets Christmas Day off) and we will do "our Christmas" then. So, I am excited! I can't waaaait to surprise him!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment