4.09.2014

SPRANG BREAK - Burn it Down Tour



David and I left off early Saturday morning to the beach for the day! We had big plans to use the tickets I gave him for Christmas to see Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, and Tyler Farr in concert at The Wharf. I was SO pumped! It's the first "REAL" concert I'd been to. David had been to one before me, and of course I have seen a few people in concert at the fair, but those don't count. Right? 



We arrived around lunch time, so we ate at Five Guys in Foley and headed on south. It was cold, a tad rainy, and just all around dreary outside, but we were hopeful that the concert would be dry. We went to the beach, to a few places we like to shop, and then back to the beach so I could use their public restroom to get "decent". Crazy? Yea, I know. However, we have been to this public beach several times and the bathrooms are spotless. So, I plugged in my hair tools, and fixed my hair! I changed in there, got back in the car to do my makeup, and David went to the bathroom to change. It worked perfectly! No one came in the bathroom while I was there, either. Ha! 


Once we arrived at the Wharf (and hour and a half early) we were directed to go ALL the way around the place to retrieve our tickets since they were on will call. I was SO nervous about this because I had used a different card to make the purchase and Ticketmaster has very strict rules about purchasing. I took everything with me that I could think of to prove I was the one who ordered the tickets except for the computer that I ordered the tickets with!
It was such an easy thing, though. They asked for my license, and since I was the "Alternate pickup  name", there was no problem. Whew! 

We had to wait for around an hour to get in, but once we did I headed straight for the front row. Not like a crazy person, either. I definitely wasn't one who took my shoes off and sprinted to the front. However, that's basically where we ended up. 


I was really nervous that David would get sick of standing the whole time, and we both did eventually, but the concert and experience outweighed our tired feet by the end of the night. 


I was so glad we got to experience it together! I will seriously cherish this memory forever! Jason and FLGALine sing so many songs that mean a lot to the two of us, so it was fun to commemorate that in real life with each other, and being at the beach wasn't so bad either ;) 

The rain held off and made for a beautiful night. It was cool, breezy, but tolerable. Of course it would have been a little sticky if it would have been any warmer because that was A LOT of people standing WAY too close for comfort in my opinion. I overcame my "huge crowd" anxiety, but I think it was because the only thing in front of us was stage {and a couple thousand security guards which also helped my spirits}. 


Tyler Farr is an up and coming artist who plays a few good songs that we like. A familiar one to most is "Redneck Crazy", and that is NOT my fave. I love "Whiskey in my Water" and a couple of his others, but he was very engaging with fans, and we even got a little high five action from him at the end. 
So we are both basically famous now! :)


I have to say, though, Flordia Georgia Line really stole the show for me. I found myself wishing we had seen more of them. They are so talented, so engaging, and they really work the crowd SO well. I love their music, their tune, their harmonies, and the way that you can tell they really appreciate where they are when they're on the stage. They really did set the stage for Jason, and if I dare say -- Jason should be opening for them. 
Wow, huh? 
Maybe I'm just obsessed with their harmonies and their rendition of "Grenade - Bruno Mars" 
because that -- will -- blow -- your -- socks -- off.


And finally, Jason. 

When he came out, after a few songs, David told me "It took me a little while to realize that we are really here. He is really there. It's just kind of surreal."

I'm so glad he thought so! 

Jason was good, don't get me wrong, but what you see him doing in the above photo is basically what he did the whole time. Stayed behind the mic, used his guitar a lot, and didn't really embrace the crowd as much as I had hoped. 

However, Fly Over States will never sound as good on CD now as it did in person. 


We left out when Jason "finished" the first time (before his encore) because we wanted to beat the crowd, and we could hear him anyway, so we started back to our vehicle and got there around 10:40. We were still sitting in our car at 11:40.
David was not happy about this. 
FINALLY, we found a peep hole through the back of the parking lot, wedged our way out of the cluster of people in the way, and cut out between two railroad ties that separated the parking lot from the ditch/road and went straight across to the highway. 
We scrounged up 3.50 in cash for the toll bridge and went well on our merry way home. 
We arrived back around 3am, but it was SUCH a fun day! SUCH a fun memory!!! 

Merry {very late} Christmas to David! 
Love you, always!


And in case you need proof - here's the video I took of "Grenade" 





1 comment:

  1. Ahhh this looks like so much fun! I saw Jason Aldean once before too and I thought the same thing you did - not a ton of stage presence. But still super fun! And I'd love to see Florida Georgia Line - they look like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete