4.09.2014

Blakelyn's Baby Shower!

About a month ago, I was invited to celebrate Kristin & Matt's first baby, Blakelyn, at a shower around where David lives! It is such a blessing to me that these girls have scooped me up into their arms, into their circle of friends and have made me feel like one of their own. I truly value the friendship they have given me in this last year or so of mine & David's journey. It has meant so much to me that they make me feel just as "at home" as David does. 

ANYWAY! Back to this adorable shower. I wish I had taken some more photos, but I didn't! When you walked in, a table was set up for us to sign the guest book. There was also a station for us to write our addresses on the front of the envelope that Kristin would use for "thank you" cards. What a genius idea! I know it saved her a lot of time to have us do that. 

We played several games. One involved ice cubes and plastic babies. We all had to put an ice cube with a plastic baby frozen inside into our drink and the first person whose  baby "broke free" from the ice had to yell, "MY WATER BROKE," and I will give ya'll two guesses of who's water broke first.....
If you guessed ME, you're right. 

The other game we played involved us all having 3 clothes pins attached to our clothing and as the shower progressed, no one could say the words "baby", or "Blakelyn". I did not win that one! Ha! 


Kristin got a ton of adorable things, and she had many people there who care about her and her family. I haven't seen her in a few weeks, but I know the time is drawing near and she is SO excited about Blakelyn's arrival. I have to say, I am too! I can't wait to see her and love on her! 
Saturday we are doing their maternity session, and it's my first one to do, so I could NOT be more excited! I cannot wait!


Kristin requested this door hanger, and I decided to make it as her gift! I love how it turned out, and I think she did too.


These two ladies (and Amber, wherever she was!) were definitely the "hostesses with the mostest".  They thought of everything, and everything was perfect! The food, the decor, the games, and the thought they put into everything really did shine through. Kristin is blessed to have friends who wanted to do this for her, and I am so glad that I was asked to be a part of the day as well. These girls have really become some of my great friends, and I am thankful that The Lord saw fit to cross our paths! 

HAPPY {ALMOST} BIRTHDAY, BLAKELYN!!
so many people already love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment