5.26.2014

Memorial Day: Porch Makeover!


Since I was little, my grandparents have owned what we like to call "the farm" or "the barn". We have, every summer piled up into that one roomed place and enjoyed each other's company. It has been a safe haven for my entire family at some point. My PaPaw had a major hand in the whole place, and my Mimi loves it because he loved it. I know I feel closer to him when we gather there.


 Lately, we have felt "confined" to the inside of the barn or outside the walls of the screened in porch because the porch felt cluttered and uninviting, so Mom, Mimi, and I set out on a mission to recreate the screened in porch, and we had so much fun doing it! 


First, we started by clearing the porch. I wish you could have seen it with everything in it! It was not a royal mess of any sort, it was simply just too much for one fairly small porch. The objective of this project was just to make the porch inviting and "homey". 


And there you have it! The only difference is that we have another rug underneath the chairs and glider closest, like the one you see towards the front of the porch. It really cleaned the space up while adding a homemade feel to it. We love it! I am sure once fall rolls around, we will have many nights on this porch. I know we are already spending the late summer afternoons here!

We found a set of 2 chairs and love seat at Lowes, the love seat glider cushion at TJ MAXX,  indoor/outdoor rug at Walmart, and the chair covers at K Mart! 

I would love to string some fair lights from the rafters, but we will reserve that for a later date! 



Here's a {semi} before and after!


Mom also crafted this little fence with Dad's help, and her and Mimi found the metal decor at Hobby Lobby. I love how it added an outdoor feel to the porch, and also brought out tons of color! 


Mimi and I even re-painted some lanterns!
We also ended up re-painting all of her side tables that were on the porch. We painted them with Rustoleum spray paint from Walmart. They have a great selection of colors, and we used turquoise, purple, green, orange, and red. 


We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out at the barn and watching the sunsets together. 


....and taking way too many snap chats! 

Happy Summer!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment