2.24.2015

We are GETTING MARRIED!!



On January 30, 2015, I found david on one knee, asking me to "be his wife for the rest of his days" as I sat by the firepit in the back yard of the home I grew up in, and it was by far the easiest question I have ever been asked. 

So many of you know our story, and you know that we have longed for this season of our lives for quite sometime, but God didn't see fit until recently. We were patient. We waited. We waited some more. We got frustrated, sad, and became hopeless many times that God would never open the door for the two of us. We just wouldn't accept that The Lord intended on us living an hour and a half apart forever. We knew He had a plan for us, but sometimes it was just hard to be patient. I am so thankful that we didn't rush the situation & now everything seems to be falling right into place. David has a place to live, a job in our area, and we no longer have to count down until the weekend in order to spend time together. Times are changing for us, and we are loving watching His Hand work in our lives. We take His plan for granted so often, but we are reminded of His goodness everyday. 

I have to say that there were times when I told my family (and david) "I will never look back on this season and laugh about it," but here I am. 

All of those trials aside, David and I have known for a long time that we wanted to marry. He is my best friend. He has seen me all dolled up and at my worst. He has loved me when it was easy, but better than that, he has shown love to me when I haven't wanted to love myself. He has no reason in the world to do the things he does to me other than for fact that he loves me - and that's always been enough. I don't deserve him, but I am so glad he chose me, and I can't wait to spend forever showing my love to him.

We can't thank everyone enough for joining in our excitement with us. Our friends and family have been such a blessing to us - and we appreciate the encouragement so much! 

We are having tons of fun planning a June wedding! ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment