4.26.2015

Bridal Tea - 4/19/15


On Sunday, April 19th, these ladies (plus a few who aren't pictured) hosted the sweetest Bridal Tea in my bonor at our church. Let me say, it was the most perfect way to kick off the wedding season for us.


There were photos of David and I and flowers everywhere. The ladies had it decorated so beautifully, and walking into our fellowship hall brought tears to my eyes. Truly! I wasn't expecting to react that way - I don't get emotional about much, but it touched my heart for this to have been done in my honor with so much thoughtfulness in mind for me.


David says I've cried more since we got engaged than I ever did for the 3 and a half years that we dated. I can guarantee you this, it has been the happiest of cries in the world.


The cake that we had was a buttercream frosting with white cake underneath, and it was divine! It just melted in your mouth.
I love the little birds on the left. 




When you walked into the fellowship hall, to the right was the gift table and the ladies put these old painted doors behind it and sprinkled photos of David and I all over the them. I haven't mentioned this to anyone other than mom, but this is exactly how I had the set up pictured, but it was so much more beautiful in person. 



And gifts, my goodness, we were blessed with so many wonderful things! Useful things, cute things, sit around things, and pretty things! It was truly OVERWHELMING! We are so so fortunate to have friends, family, and a church who have shared with us during this exciting time in our lives.


I love this of me & Mamma. I feel like the last 4 months have been spent with these looks on our face. Reality is starting to set in. Plans are really being made, showers are starting to take place, and sooner than later I will have a new last name, but I am cherishing these days spent planning with Mom, Mimi, Nannie, Daddy, and David. (Believe it or not, yes, they have had a good amount of say-so in all of this!) It has been fun. I can already tell it will be a season that I look back on and remember as one of my favorites. 


A few candids from the shower - Emily helped with all of my gift opening, and not pictured Laura helped count bows that I broke (because we all know what that means ....) Thankfully I didn't think I broke any, but that is debatable if you ask them. 
I also love these looks.


More family shots! It meant so much to my family that other members of the family came as well, and I know if MeMaw could have been there she would have been in hog heaven with everyone that showed up! She would have loved it.


Mimi and her girlfriends!


Selfies with my mamma & almost mamma in law before the tea started!
I am so thankful that she was there with us! :)



Sweet Meg came!


Some of the old "crew".


Sunnie Kate (who is always dressed to the nines) took this day to show off her precious Tea Set dress, and it was darling. Mollie thinks of everything! It is so strange that Mollie is grown and has kids, and I'm getting married. I can still remember when we played Uno in the office until (i'm sure) Mollie wanted to choke me!


All my gals (except for one!) I am so thankful that they all wanted to be there for my first shower. You all mean so much to me!


& my cousin, Alison traveled from a pretty far distance herself in order to be there. 
It really means so much to me.


Had to embrace the flowers for background!


And what would I have done without Maridee (and the guy she hangs around) coming to help clean up afterwards??


Seriously, though. I will always remember this! It's been a week and I still think of things and ask Mamma, "did you notice this?" 
"did you see them?" 
"do you remember that?" 
This wedding countdown thing is pretty fun, but having a church family to host an event like this makes it even better. 
Thank ya'll for celebrating with us! 
I'm forever grateful.

Love, love, love...



No comments:

Post a Comment