10.02.2015

Wedding Party Attire






The bridesmaid's dress color is something that I couldn't quite nail into stone. I wanted something soft, summery, flow-y, and comfortable for them. My vision has always been one shouldered, but the color I was unsure of until I saw it at the store. Neutral was always the vision, but this color ended up being a dream.

I thought the color and style really complimented the girls well, and they all seemed to really like it! I've been a bridesmaid before, so I knew I wanted them to have something that was comfortable since they would be wearing it for a good while, and I knew that I wanted them to FEEL good in it. The color was complimentary of each of their skin tones as well. 

For the guys, I really had David in mind. I wanted him to be comfortable, to feel like himself, and to be polished yet relaxed. I feel like we really achieved that with the blue jean & blazer look. So many people would ask, "wait, blue jeans?" but I think it worked! David was comfortable, and all of the guys looked really nice. 

I wanted David to stand out a little, beyond having a different tie, so he wore a vest under his jacket. The ties were a PERFECT match to the dresses, and their bouts were simple. David's held a ranunculus (aka - my favorite flower), and the boys just held a coffee bean stem and filler. 

All together, the wedding party looked exactly how I imagined it. It was simple, soft, and different. It was easy, elegant, and true to the season.

Wyatt, our sweet little ring bearer, wore jeans, a white button up, a bow tie, and suspenders. He also wore his boots! He looked so grown, and he ACTED so grown! I am so proud of him, but he could've acted crazy and still been the cutest kid in the church. I'm so glad that Jacky and Ryan allowed him to be a part of our day. It was so neat to have him there with us. The guys made him feel like he was grown, too, from what I understand :) He's gonna make someone a fine fella one day.


For my dress, I chose a cap-sleeve ball gown style dress with an illusion boatneck. The bodice of the dress was adorned with beaded lace appliqués and we added a beaded sash with it as well. Instead of letting the sash be tied in the back (I didn't want it to interfere with the veil), I had it altered into the dress. I felt like a princess. I owe most of that to Autumn doing my hair and makeup, but the dress itself was comfortable, and that was a big factor for me, too. There will be more photos of the details of the dress in the "getting ready" post, but I didn't want to flood this post with photos of myself.


Doesn't David look comfortable? This was taken as they were doing some portraits of me, but this truly reflects the way that I see David dressed up. I've never seen him in a tux, and I couldn't imagine our wedding day depicting people we really aren't. I loved my dress, and I wanted him to love his look for the day. He could really go from wedding to riding a tractor in about three seconds flat with this look, don't you think? I think he, along with the rest of his buds, looked "sharp".
sidenote...
I have the most handsome husband in the world. 


Still trying to make myself believe that this is real life. 
my life. 
blessed is an understatement. 


ps -  TK wore a bowtie! That's all he needed to look like "The Best Dog".



photo credit: twice the focus 





2 comments:

  1. I love your wedding party look! The girls dresses look so light and flowy and the guy look so suave! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cute wedding attire. The bride is looking adorable in it. The entire wedding looks very special. I just love their wedding spot. I would also prefer getting married at such beautiful outdoor wedding venues.

    ReplyDelete