9.08.2015

Meet My Bridesmaids!




I thought it would be fun to post a little about the people who were involved in our bridal party, so I will start the wedding posts off with meeting my bridesmaids! I knew that i wanted to ask them in a special way, so I tried to personalize each to fit what they mean to me (I also got a brilliant idea from Lauren when she asked me to be her bridesmaid, so shout out to her for being my brain half of the time!)   



So, I created these small boxes with a few little things in them, and I tried to incorporate colors that we would use at the wedding: a sage green, gold, and neutrals. I added a little note in each one to them personally, and I also added a typed note with each of their names and a paragraphy about why I chose them to stand beside me in just a few short months. So, to introduce them, I will add the paragraph, followed by a little more... 
 

Lauren {matron of honor} 

I am so grateful that The Lord crossed our paths years ago at Ole Miss. From walking (what felt like) sixteen miles around  campus there to walking all over MUW ‘s campus and enduring  the most stressful two years of our lives together, you have  become one of my closest friends. You have helped me through some of the greatest “grown up” dilemma’s I’ve been  through thus far, and you always know exactly what to say. You’ve made me feel like part of your family, and even though it’s only been a few years, I feel like we have been friends forever.


Lauren and I met years ago at a retreat for our junior colleges, and to say "The Lord knew what He was doing" would be a major understatement. Almost two years passed, and we met again at MUW for SLP school together. God really knew what I needed, and Lauren is defintely one of the main reasons that I finished the program - she always pushed me to do well, and she was a wonderful study buddy, but leaving academics behind, Lauren and I became kindred spirits, or maybe we always were? She helped me through some tough times, and we bonded together on so many levels - from clothing styles to long distance relationships. I've always heard that you meet your lifelong friends in college, and I have to say that I can testify to that, for sure. 



Gabrielle

Where do I start? Let’s just say the first day I walked into David’s trailer at Livingston to meet you that I was a nervous wreck! It may sound crazy, but I just wanted things to go well. And here we are! We have had some crazy times together over the last two years, but you’ll never know how much I love our Saturday morning talks when you come lay across my bed, our photo shoot memories where YOU get to boss ME around with the camera, our spontaneous trips to town “just because we want to eat Mexico and get ice cream,” and fixing your hair and picking out outfits for all of your events! I can’t wait to say you’re my “sister in law”! Even though a lot of people already say it :)


Gabrielle and I, of course, didn't meet until David introduced us at his house in Livingston one Friday after we had driven over on our way to his mom's house for the weekend, and when I walked in and she stood there with jeans and her boots on, I figured that we would get along just fine. Gabe and I are alike in so many ways - we love to hunt, fish, and aggravate the mess out of our brothers (yes, she and Matt definitely fit the bill for siblings). But she is different than me in many ways, too. She has a confidence that I admire. She isn't the least bit shy, and she doesn't care (at all) what people think of her. Many people probably thought that she was in my wedding only because she is David's sister, but thats not it. I asked her to stand by my side because she's stood by it from the beginning. I was the first girl that David brought to meet his family, and she never turned away from me - none of his family did - and it wasn't long before we spent most of our weekends together, and most Saturday mornings consisted of her laying in the bed with me laughing and being crazy like we had been friends since we were able to talk. She stood beside me because she's treated me like I was her sister from day one, and I'm grateful that she finally is. 


Hollie 

Wow! When people say they’ve been through “thick and thin,” they don’t know a thing about us, do they? You have truly been my “from the womb to the tomb” girl! We have grown up together. We have spent many, many nights together that have shaped my life in such a positive way. Some of my favorite memories have been with you. No matter where life takes us, we always, always, always find our way back to each other. Thank you for sticking by my side. Thank you for riding to every single high school softball game with me and for spending every single Wednesday night of our last semester in college at my house! You’re my first best friend – my always best friend! God has blessed us by allowing our relationship to withstand  “rain or shine,” and I am so glad He has!


Well, Hollie has honestly been there through the BEST and WORST throughout my life. She has seen me in sickness, health, death, and triumph. We have graduated together three times (if you count kindergarten), and we both have been through what I believe would be the REAL test of time and friendship. We always say, "from womb to tomb" which is weird -- but it fits. She, aside from my blood relatives, was my first friend. We only knew each other for a long time. We began preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and high school together. She probably knows more about me than I know about myself. Together we have faced family, friends, school, and the world as we have known it together - and no amount of "season" in life has separated us - even when it's tried really, really hard to do so. 


Laura

My soul sister! My constant companion in Dirt Cheap, TJ Maxx, and by the pool. You understand me even when I don’t feel like I can be understood. Thank you for that! You and I share so much alikeness in style, beliefs, and the overall aspect of life. You have been a mentor to me – even if we are the same age! Thank YOU! I’m so glad that you decided to come to Central and grow up with the rest of us! Thank you for always believing my crazy ideas are good ones and for tagging along with me even when you’re skeptical! Cousins are the best friends, right?


Last, but certainly not least, is Laura. I remember when she started school at Central and I thought, "finally - all of my people in one place!" & high school wouldn't have been the same without her. Laura has an old soul like me, so we thrift, shop, bargain, and create together so well. She is a great listener, and she too has seen the best and worst of my cray-cray personality, but she has loved me the same. Not only has she been a true friend towards me, but she is also a member of my family. Laura is a quiet spirit with a heart who loves The Lord, and she has been such an influence on my life. She has guided me through tough situations with the purest heart, and everyone needs a friend like her. 


I think I had the most wonderful bunch that a girl could ask for. They have supported my every decison, and there was not a moment during our wedding day that I felt like someone was missing - and if any of these girls hadn't been there, I'm not so sure that I would be able to say that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment