10.14.2011

new places and faces.



this was the first photo that David & I ever took, and it was the first time I had met his family.
 I love it so much, and it brings back such sweet memories.

 The sunday after our date on Friday, Hollie & I went to their trailer to watch a movie and hang out for awhile. D & I watched.... you guessed it.... The Lion King! He was so sweet to sit through that for me. :)
 He had decided that it was time for me to meet his family, and so the following Friday I got up, got dressed, and I drove back to meet him at the trailer. When we got there, his sister Gabrielle was there waiting for her next class at the university to start. So, I walked in with my blue jeans and three-quarter length hooded shirt on and met her. D had walked on inside and kind of left me behind, so I introduced myself in a humorous way and she laughed. We left the trailer and made the 25 minute drive to his house. The roads were curvy, and the further we went the deeper in the woods we were.
 We pulled up in the driveway, and my legs were shaking as I got out of his truck. I was so nervous to meet his family, but I was glad he was there. I felt unbelievably comfortable with him. I've never felt like that before with anyone, but when we walked in and I saw his Mom, I was overwhelmed with relief. She was SO down to earth and beautiful. Her blonde hair was teased just a little, and it fit perfectly into a clip on the back of her head. Her bangs fell to either side of her face, and her pink lips formed a smile when I walked in the door. She hugged me around the neck and comforted me like I was her own. I have felt like that ever since. She has become my second mother, and I love it.
 D's step-dad and step-sister were outside, but they came in soon after we arrived. We all sat down to eat lunch, and then we were headed to their farm. I had no idea it was an hour away, but I was just along for the ride! D had told me that I was going to get to ride the tractor with him, and I was excited about that! I have driven a tractor before with my Daddy, but it had been forever and honestly I had forgotten how to do it!

 When we got to the farm, D and I got on the tractor, and I sat on his right side up in the cab. I had a blast! We bushhogged until dark, and then we turned the lights on and finished what we had started. After we left there, we made our way home and sat by the fire until I needed to make the hour and a half drive back to my house. D took me back to the trailer, and I drove North.

I had no idea this would quickly become a routine of mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment