1.18.2013

Snow My Gosh!


January 17, 2013

First, I have to tell you that my brother, Matt, said "Snow my gosh!" ALL DAY Thursday. So, thank you for the title of today's post!

If you aren't from the south, please try not to let your jaw drop at all the outrageous "excitement" I am about to elude to you during this post, and if you are from the south - join me in remembering such a fun and rare day!

Thursday morning I woke up around 5:45 because I had to be at school at 8. I had seen the night before on our local news that some schools were delaying their openings until 10a.m, but MUW didn't fall under those delays, so I checked the website as soon as I woke up. They had been added to the list! Cool! Then I made my way onto Facebook, and the MDOT had posted that many of the bridges were iced over, and they weren't very safe for traveling.

Ya'll, I am not one who loves to drive. I used to not care what the weather was like outside when I drove, but over the course of the last year for some reason I have become the total opposite. I don't like driving in rain, high wind, or even at night. It [basically] has to be a beautiful day outside in order for me to drive. Granted, I do have to bite the bullet pretty often, especially lately, since I commute 30 minutes (one way) to school everyday. Not to mention I started back this week, and it rained for 5 days straight, and was followed by SNOW and ICE!

So, you can imagine how I feel about driving in ice! Not confident.

Once I got downstairs, I realized Matt hadn't left for work, nor was he going to. I was beginning to become stressed about missing class if they weren't going to cancel it when David called.

"Well, I don't have to work and these bridges are icey."

That was all he had to say before I told him not to make the hour drive back to his house, instead to come to my house (which is only twenty minutes away). Secretly, I was excited that he was coming because it hasn't snowed in the last year that we have been together!

Mom had breakfast cooking over the stove, and as I waited for David to arrive safely she told me that I wasn't going to class regardless.

Whew. Stress-out averted! It wasn't long after that when I got a "W Alert" saying class had been cancelled anyway. Thank you, Lord!

The rest of the day was devoted to the snow, warm pajamas, soup, and spending the day with David! This was the first time we had been away from each other for 4 days since before Christmas break, and I didn't like it at all :)


















I love all of these that Matt took, and I think he did a great job capturing our personalities in these photos! I know we will cherish these forever! 

The snow hung around until mid afternoon, but by lunch time it was melting so quickly! I'm glad we got out in it when we did, or we would have missed it. 

There were mini snowmen, snowball fights, tasting of snow, and just walking around in awe enjoying the beauty of it!

I really didn't think it would snow like it did, but I was reminded that God is in control of each and every thing - even the snow, and I'm thankful that He is! 

We had a fun day.

"As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 
so is My word that goes out from My mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment