2.12.2013

Pilot.

 To all of you visiting from the post I made at my old blog site, WELCOME! Thanks for joining me on this new chapter in my life, and thank you for being a part of the old one. I am confident that many happier things will result from this blog, and I have already met so many people because of it.

To give a little backround, I have been blogging on this site for around a year. As many of you know, David and I have been dating for about a year and a half, and I started this blog in hopes to document our adventures as a dating couple! It has been fun to write about all of our time together, and I love going back and reading through the posts as well. Again, thank you for coming to be a part of this adventure into what I believe will be one of the most memorable decades in my life! Don't forget to join my page via GCF on the left side of the page before you leave!

Moving along....

What a breath of fresh air this blog has been for me! I am so happy to be blogging again! My old blog holds so many memories for me of good and bad times in my life throughout my teenage years, but I felt it was time to start over if you will. I am reminded that the things I took the time to write about there had an impact on me in some way, form, or fashion, and I won't deny that.

 I'm so excited that you took the time to click over here! I encourage you to sift through my archive, located on the left side of the page, and read through some blogs that I published prior to this post. Also, feel free to grab my button! I have been blogging on this link for quite sometime, I just haven't shared it publicly until now! SO much about the blog world has changed since I blogged on my old link, so I am still learning the ropes! Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know you stopped by! I can't wait to hear from you!

 I created this blog shortly after David and I started dating because I thought it would be fun to document this exciting time in our lives. I always find myself looking through photos and saying, "What did we do that day?" or "When was this?!" Usually I can go through my Facebook photos, read the caption or look at the date and remember, but what fun is that? I am a huge fan of little details, so I thought it would be neat for David and I to be able to look back on these blogs whenever we want to reminisce. With that being said, I didn't create this to be a shrine to David at all. In fact, I plan to talk (and have already in blogs I previously published here) about our families, our lives, my life outside of our relationship, and other things as well: vacations, events, movies, makeup, thrifting, antiquing, DIYing, hunting, and sometimes maybe even things going on in the news, although that is rare. The only firm plan I have for it so far is a "Make-Up Monday" where I will feature different products on Monday's.

 I will wrap this blog up with a little introduction about myself!

(what up, selfie!)

 (Clearly) I'm Julianna, and I am a small town Mississippi girl! I was raised in a funeral home (yes, similar to the movie "My Girl"), where my parents make a living. I have two graduations under my belt and two more to go before I am D-O-N-E with school FOREVER! (Whew.) I have a 30 minute commute to school each day where I am majoring in Speech Language Pathology with a minor in English. I love it most days, but it definitely keeps me busy!


 In my spare time, I am a freelance photographer and have my own "business" called Shuttered Smiles Photography. I photograph anything from newborns to engagements! I have done a few weddings, but truthfully theystressmeoutandIcan'tdeal, so I opted out of that. I love weddings, but I don't like the stress of being the only one there to document them.

 I also love painting, DIYing, thrifting, reading, spending time with my family/friends, and being southern.


I have one older sibling, Matt, and we are four years apart. He is one of my best friends! The saying, "You'll be closer when you're older" is completely true! We used to fuss and fight 90% of the time, but today he is one of the first people I'd call about most anything.


I am a Daddy's Girl, and he is my #1 man! He taught me so many things about the outdoors: hunting, fishing, etc.


My mom is also one of my best friends and my favorite shopping buddy! Together, her and my Grandmother {Mimi} take up over half of my friend circle, and that's fine by me!


 When I was younger, I used to think that my parents didn't understand anything I had to tell them, but as it turns out - they understand it better than I probably ever will. Aside from "knowing everything", they have also displayed a Godly relationship in front of Matt & I for our entire lives and have taught us to love the Lord as well. They have been excellent examples of hard workers, too. I am grateful for the love the have shown to one another and the love they pour out on us each day.


 David is my boyfriend of 16 months (who's counting??), and even during that short amount of time we have grown up and changed for the better! He came along and swept me off my feet, and I firmly believe that I am better now because of him. You can read about how we met by going back to this post I wrote two October's ago! Time sure does fly!

 I seriously can't wait to see what all is in store for this blog, and I can't wait to be "publicly" following so many of you! Eeek!

Until Next Time!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo -- officially following now!!! Can't wait!!

    P.S. you and David are adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy about that!!!! I've missed your blogs. Truly!

      Ps- thank you :)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! At some point we should get together and you can take pictures for my blog! Such a wonderful reason for us to meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalyn, I would love that!! Definitely get in touch with me if y'all make a quick trip to South Alabama for the weekend,we can schedule something!!

      Delete