2.11.2013

Makeup Monday: Hair Spray Gel and Hair Ties


photo from google images

Hi again, Peeps! 
Write it down - I'm posting twice in one day!

I'm back with a little Make-up Monday for ya, and for all you curly headed ladies (or even wavy headed ladies), this one's for you!

I have had curly hair since I was born! 

You know what they say about folks that have a certain type of hair?
They always want the type they don't have!

That was me, for sure! 
Until I was probably 15/16, I hated my curly hair because I didn't know how to style it. 

I would straighten my hair nearly everyday, and I would hide my curls behind heat-damaged auburn locks. 

After years of doing that to my hair, unfortunately my hair became thinner, and I eventually lost some of the curl and bounce I once had!

So, I searched for an aid to help in getting my curls back, and that purple bottle at the top must have some sort of potion in it, because without having it nowadays - I wouldn't even have to straighten my hair! I have lost ALL curl! 

Herbal Essence Tousling Spray Gel

After I shower, I pray this generously all over my hair, and then I blow-dry my roots.
I place my hair in a low ponytail (WITH A SCRUNCHY) (side note: keep the scrunchy loose, and NEVER use a hair tie. They cause your hair to dent and eventually break.)
I will post more on the hair ties in a minute.

I clip my bangs back, and go to sleep! The next morning, I shake my hair out, add some more curling spray, and bam! The curls are back! 

This product provides volume and texture without being sticky or hard when it dries. 
It smells good, unlike some curling sprays with hairspray ingredients mixed in. 
I spray it in my hair and scrunch it with my hands, and my hands never feel sticky. 
It's perfect for rainy days like today, (AND TOMORROW!) if your hair and humidity aren't friends. 

You can purchase this product at most any dollar store, Walmart, or drugstore, and it's cheap!

This product, costing around $4.oo, is a holy grail item of mine. 
I LOVE IT! 
And I am confident that you will too. 

Also, have you seen these hair ties?


Have you seen the price? 
3 for $12.oo? 
That's for real.
I'm also never paying that much for a tied piece of elastic.
Ever.



Ok! After doing some searching around on Pinterest, I found this website where you can buy a yard of the elastic for (lowest) $.6o! Yes, you read that correctly! 
AND a yard makes around 2-3 hair ties!

All you do is cut the elastic and tie it in a knot. So easy a caveman could do it. 
See what I did there? 
My jokes are not on par today.

Regardless,
I promise this is another product that you will thank me for later.

If you missed my last "Makeup Monday", no problem:

Comment below and let me know if you try this stuff out!

  





No comments:

Post a Comment