3.12.2013

Spring Breakin' & Safe Haven Review!

As many of you know, last week was rough! I'm so GLAD to have a break from school this week and to break in my new "springy" phone case! Ha!


You can purchase one here

I was so tired of having a plain old LifeProof on my phone and seeing all the CUTE cases, so I caved which probably wasn't the greatest idea because the same week that I put a new case (not my LifeProof) on, I dropped my phone in the middle of a torrential downpour and it sat there for probably 3 minutes (which is a long time for a phone to sit in the rain) while I tried to figure out where it was. 

Nonetheless, it works, and it still doesn't have a LifeProof case on it! 

Take that, rain.

Onward... 

 This week, even though it's Tuesday, has been quite relaxing! Last night our family went out to eat and to a movie. We never do that anymore! Truthfully, I've been afraid of going to the movies since the Aurora shooting, but I bit the bullet (pun intended) and went anyway! 

The plan was for all of us to eat at the Mexican Kitchen then see the movie at 7:00, but we got to the restaurant, and they're closed on Mondays! We didn't study too well, apparently! 

So, Matt & Daddy went elsewhere to eat, and Mom and I had mexican at another place! The boys aren't that crazy about mexican anyway, so I guess it worked out in their favor! 
We also didn't all see the same movie! 

Daddy saw... 


Matt saw...


& Mom and I saw...


So, shall we review Safe Haven?

I have always tried to love Nicholas Sparks movies even when I DON'T like them. I loved the Notebook, but I always stop it at the end when Noah and Allie are dancing while she "remembers" him because while some of you may think it's precious that they (*SPOILER ALERT*) die together, I can't deal with it. I'd rather see them alive and full of happiness. 

So, I was skeptical when this movie came out. I haven't read a book that followed a movie since Nights in Rodanthe, and I was sort of disappointed in that movie. 

All in all, Safe Haven was good, and it didn't end like most of his movies do. I was SO thankful for that. If someone hadn't told me that, I would have been in cardiac arrest in the theatre, though. The film, while wildly romantic, is also sort of an "edge-of-your-seat" kind of movie, and the twist at the end made me want to bawl, but Julianna does NOT cry over movies, so I held it together! 

Truthfully, the soundtrack was almost way better than the movie. I always find myself listening to the lyrics of songs during a movie, and usually I come out of the theatre with a lists of songs to download. I loved this soundtrack! I even already had a few songs that played during the movie, so that was awesome! 

It's definitely a good one to watch, and I think you might could drag your boyfriend/husband/guy friend/whatever to it, and they would be sufficed by the time it was over. 
ps- let's be honest, what guy wouldn't be okay with looking at Julianne Hough? 
There. I said it. 
hashtag girlcrush.

Which reminds me, let's look at her haircut.... 


I LOVE IT! 

It seriously makes me want to chop off my LONG hair, but I don't know if I can. 

When did this post turn into a full review of everything except Spring Break?

Ah, whatever!

This week, the only thing I have planned is going to David's tomorrow, and spending the rest of the week at his house. He has an obligation in Mobile on Thursday, so I think we will be making a trip onto the Gulf Coast shoreline afterwards. 
I. Am. Thrilled.

My tan, or nonexisting tan, however - is not.
I've been lathering on Jergan's Natural Glow multiple times a day for the last week.
I try to pretend sometimes that I'm not a ginger. 

I hope you are all having a lovely week! 
Enjoy this break! 


No comments:

Post a Comment