3.07.2013

midterm week.

First of all, HELLO "Coffee and Conversation" blogfriends! I am so excited to start following your journeys, and thank you for joining in on mine! I hope ya'll will find something on this little page that keeps you coming back! If you want to get to know me, read here. If you want to join in on my "Makeup Monday" series, click here for the latest one! I would love for you to! 

Now, onto "midterm week". Doesn't reading that just make your heart sink? Stress you out a little? Is it just me? Yes? ....no? 

Anyway. 

Here's a recap: 

Sunday I came home from a {great, refreshing} weekend at David's and had to start on an Annotated Bibliography. Now, I have written my fair share of papers, but an AB has never been a requirement for me. I'm an English minor, so either I have been lucky, or this is strange. Regardless, I made it through somehow. I got done around 10:00pm, and I called it a night. 

Monday, I went through my day as usual, finishing around 12:15, and then I went to the clinic to observe a few hours of therapy until around 5:00. Nothing unusual about my day! When I got home, I studied for a test on Tuesday, and I went to bed pretty late. {I'm pretty sure that was when things started going downhill.}

Tuesday, I was off to class at 7:15, tested at 8:00, and finished with class around 12:15 again. During my 11:00 class, my professor announced that we were having a midterm on Thursday. I also had a HUGE test on Thursday not including that one. 

Fast forward.... 

I didn't have a therapy to observe until 2:30, so I grabbed a quick lunch and decided to get gas before therapy, so that I could go straight home afterwards. Once I finished pumping my gas, I called myself locking my car, and going inside the Shell station to use the restroom before leaving to go to the clinic. Maybe I didn't. However, I was going to grab a coffee later that day and realized that I had no money in my car. I called my mom, told her that maybe it fell out of my car as I was getting out to go inside the gas station, and although I was upset - I sort of shook it off. It was probably $40. 
I asked the ladies behind the counter at the gas station, but no one had turned anything in. 

So, I gave up.
That was the only place I had gotten out!

Wednesday was a fairly normal day, except for a couple of meltdowns, getting upset over absolutely nothing, and a mishap over Spring Break plans. I had to study for two midterms, and I became overwhelmed with that. I was studying for one test, but I felt like I should be studying for the other. I didn't know which end was up! 
But I grabbed a coffee, and took those study notes by the horns & studied 'til around 12:00. I never, ever, ever do that! 


Today I woke up around 4am, and I wasn't able to go back to sleep. Around 9:30 I took my first test, followed by the midterm that I didn't study as much as I should have for. I feel like I did good on both, so now all that was standing before me and Spring Break was two and a half hours of observations!

Whew. 



All was well in the world. 

I even treated myself to Chick-fil-A and a Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic because let's be honest:
can you think of anything better after a stressful week?

Ok. 
Maybe it is just me. 

So, all was well in the world until I decided to clean my car out while waiting. 

{Backstory:} 
At the beginning of the school year, my Mimi gave me a 50 dollar bill and a 1 dollar bill. She told me that the 50 was for a time when I TRULY needed something, but I had to wait and spend the one dollar bill when I graduated. It was just a gift to encourage me on days when I needed a little boost. She placed a Bible verse on top of the money before sealing it in a plastic see-through folder: 

"For I know the plans I have for you, says The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
Then she wrote, 
"I love you, Baby Girl!!!" 

I kept this in my console so that no one could walk by and see a 50 dollar bill laying around, but apparently someone found it anyway. 

Today when I looked, it was gone. 
Someone had torn the tape off the side and slid the two bills out, leaving the Bible verse for me. 

I know that happened for a reason because as I sat in awe of it not being in my car - I just kept reading the verse over and over again.  

A feeling of violation overwhelms me, 
but I am so thankful that I wasn't harmed and neither was my car. It happened when I wasn't around {likely the same time as the other money was taken},
 and truthfully I am thankful for that because I don't know what I would have done if I had been confronted by someone.
 {My dad later told me: "call 911!" Duh, Julianna!} 

I have tried and tried to make sense of why someone would steal something, let alone something that has such a profound verse lying over the top of it, but all I can hope is that they need it far worse than I do. 
I know that may not be the case, but it is the only way that I can not be angry about it.

I hope that after they left with the money, the thought of Jesus' Word that laid across the two bills was ringing in their head, and I hope that they will heed to it. 

Anyway, friends --
 I hate that my new friends had to read such a sobering post from me, but this has just rocked my world today! Again, I can't be more thankful that it wasn't something I had to see or be a  part of because I would have probably been ruined for ever going anywhere alone again! 

On a lighter note, 
I can only HOPE your week has been better than mine! I know David and I have a few fun things planned for Spring Break, and I am SO SO thankful for a BREAK! 

Again, thanks for taking the time to read my "Coffee and Conversation" post, and I am looking forward to linking up again next week! 

Happy {almost} Weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Friend, go enjoy your SB! You need it! Doesnt the Lord works in weird, yet awesome ways?

    ReplyDelete