10.29.2013

A {somewhat} Not Busy Weekend!




truer words have never been spoken... 
however, those two days that we do have chosen to make the most of,
because....



Those words have been my guiding light lately. It's been an I-N-S-A-A-A-N-E couple of weeks with school, and while there is no end in sight, I have chosen to take it one day at a time and try to worry less, although I shall never be without worry, unfortunately.


Wednesday began a series of tests. 3 tests and two projects due last week! This week, it's two projects and one test! Next week, well, I don't know because as I said -- one day at a time. 
Thankfully, mom spotted these dudes at the grocery store and they were labeled "new!", so she picked them up for me, and they're great! I don't know how much caffeine is in them, though, as I was basically unaffected by it, unfortunately. However, add a dash of salt, a little milk, and a spoonful of sugar & you're set. It's heaven! 
disclaimer: the fact that I only got around 4 hours of sleep each night last week could have had something to do with the coffee just not being enough.


Anyway, on Saturday I had a session with two different sets of kids at the refuge, and David rode with Matt and the rest of the family to the barn for a clean up day! Even though I was late to the party, I don't think I missed anything important {just the cleaning, ha!} I arrived around lunch, and we had BBQ & carrot cake. After lunch we all hung around until late in the afternoon. 
Noah and his girlfriend, Maridee, came. I had the pleasure of shooting her senior session just last weekend, and I can't wait to have some time to edit them! She's gorgeous. 

Here's a preview: 


Anyway, back to Saturday! 


Everyone {aside from me} worked hard, and we all played hard! After lunch it was time for a good ole round of kickball! David, Matt, and I against Noah, Nason, and Maridee. We won. Duh! 
{actually we didn't, but we're old, so...} 


Lots of work was done on the lawn mower, with the tractor, and with the leaf blower.
Mimi was glad to have everything cleaned out, I believe, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves while doing so! 


I hated that I couldn't spend the entire day with David and my family, but after the sessions were over I zipped to the barn and enjoyed the rest of the weekend. 
It was such a breath of fresh air to have no sessions Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I truly needed a break here, away from taking pictures, to enjoy the weekend and rest up for a new week. It's so rejuvenating to be home, with everyone I love, and to spend quality time with those without having an agenda. 


David is always such a good sport about me abandoning him to do sessions. Sometimes, though, he tags along, and those days are my favorite! When he doesn't, he and Matt usually entertain themselves by doing something, so I am thankful for their friendship, too. It has blossomed into something I could have never imagined. I knew they could be great friends if time would allow, and thankfully The Lord thought so too! What a blessing it is to have everyone get along and love David ALMOST as much as I do! :)


Saturday night, we spent the evening at the camp house by the fire with a few friends. It was cool, the fire was warm, and the company was perfect. 


Saturday nights during this time of year were made to be spent by a fire with good friends and maybe a s'mores or two!


I had to live up to david's claim that we take 100 photos a weekend. 
I denied it then, but looking back through my camera roll, I'm starting to think he may be right!


On Sunday, our church celebrated "Old Fashioned Sunday"! We used to do this annually when I was younger, but as the years went by we stopped. However, it got brought to our interim pastor's attention, and a few girls in our church took the ball & ran with it.


Here's a "sneak peak" of us on Sunday. 
I asked David if he would have picked me up on his wagon had we lived during those times, 
and his answer, as it always is when I ask silly questions like that, was "Yes Ma'am!"




No comments:

Post a Comment