10.30.2013

TK Goes to School: TK Goes on Vacation!


{and by vacation, I mean HOME!} 

That's right! TK got to come home for the weekend, and I believe he enjoyed himself thoroughly! 


The first thing on his agenda was a BATH! Boy, that water was DISGUSTING!


Next, we welcomed him home by giving him his favorite treat - a peanut butter bone! To which he took to his favorite spot and chewed up in about 3 minutes flat. 

We played with him for awhile once he got home, but Matt and I had traveled to get him after we had both had long days at school/work, so Matt was ready to settle down at his house. 
 He said TK did great! He knew exactly where to go {after being gone nearly 4 months}, and he slept through the night with no problem! 


Friday morning, I was getting ready for class, and TK joined me. He's so laid back, but he does get bored easily! I remember the last day that he got ready with me, and I almost couldn't get myself ready for him being into everything in my room! 
He's so well behaved, and he couldn't have performed better!


When I got home from class, I went to get him and he was so happy to see me! Matt didn't take him to work that day, so he stayed around his house or ours for most of the day. Mom and I stayed outside with him for awhile, but he didn't mind being inside either.


TK has grown into such a protective dog! Matt said that he could see his {Matt's} reflection in the screen door when they got home the first night that he was here, and TK thought someone was outside the door, so he was barking and growling! THANKFULLY! That was one main reason that Matt wanted a dog, but that's a whole other blog post! :)


TK still loves to beg, give puppy eyes, and con you into giving him whatever it is you have, and DESPITE the fact that Matt doesn't think so, we really did good about not feeding him a ton of stuff. {Although, confession: I did slip him a pepperoni...} 

He's so much a puppy, still too! I'm so glad that he fell right back into his home routine {going to the bathroom outside, knowing how to tell us he has to go to the bathroom, knowing where his food is, knowing how far he can/can't go in the yard and parking lot, etc.} Yet, he added all of his disciplinary skills that he learned while he was gone into the mix. 
Perfect! 


Saturday night was our first TRUE night of Fall, and we made the most of it by building a fire, grilling out, and enjoying the company of a few friends. TK tagged along and did great! He wasn't too sure about the fire, but all in all he didn't seem bothered by it. I look forward to the times in the future we will have while he's with us! He truly does have such a personality! 



On Monday, TK went to work with Matt.
I think he enjoyed himself! Matt said he got along with most everyone in the office, and that people sometimes bring their pets! So, I think that will be fun for him in the future where he doesn't have to stay home all day. 
He gets bored. 



See what I mean? Matt had Mamma take his bed to a lady to sew it up {he chewed it in one place before he left for school}, so that he could have it when he got home last weekend, and as sure as Mamma went to get him Friday morning, he had caused this scene. You notice all of his neglected toys! :) Mom sent the photo to Matt, knowing he would probably be mad, and he said, "I don't think he likes that bed.!" 
I don't either!

ps - he didn't get in trouble, but he DID have the insides strewn all over the kitchen/laundry room. 
Oops!


TK came home due to a wedding at the home of Trainer Matt's. He's also a preacher, and he lives on a beautiful place {as seen in update photos}, and it serves as a wedding venue when needed. They just recently built a stage type area and a covered barn complete with a bride and groom dressing room. It's snazzy! So, to assure that no dogs would be barking during the "I Do's", Trainer Matt allowed everyone to come get their dogs for the weekend. Plus, I think this allowed for the owners to figure out how they were communicating and able to deal with their pups! 
TK obeyed every single command given to him that I saw. I wasn't around for the training that Matt did with him while he was here, but Matt said he did well with that too! 
I had no doubt that he would do any less :)

TK went back to school Monday afternoon! I didn't say goodbye because I knew it would make me sad, but I promise he will love being back! I think he really enjoys being with the trainer and the stimulation that Kompanion Kennels allows for him. However, I have no doubt that his performance will only increase and strengthen as time goes by and he will be the hunter and companion that Matt sought out to find. 


No comments:

Post a Comment