11.19.2013

Life Update!

For the sake of documentation, I need to write down the last three week's summary!
First of all, I feel like I can finally come up for air in terms of school work - just in time to start studying for finals! Is it already time for finals?? GEEZ! This semester has flown, and in 6 short months I will be a college graduate again! Wow. 
Time flies when your too busy to think straight having fun.
No, in all seriousness, we have had fun the past couple of weekends, and I'm here to share with you about it! 


Three weeks ago was the first weekend I was able to travel to Alabama in FOREVER! I was so so excited that it was my turn to go see David, and I even brought Matt along with me! We didn't have too much planned, but we stayed pretty busy. 
On Friday night, we gathered a few friends and road some backroads. Will I ever outgrow doing that? I don't think so. Backroads tend to make me nostalgic, and so many fond memories with friends dwell on those roads. It's funny that now David's roads with memories are now mine, and I share my roads of memories with him. We each love telling stories about our "glory days" while riding said roads at dusk. 


On this particular night, we found ourselves having a photoshoot at the river. This was definitely not an intentional photo, but our cameraman had us giggling. I love it so much because it encompasses the emotion I feel for David in one photo.  He is such a blessing to me. 


Also! Matt got SnapChat, so that's big news. Maybe not to most of you, but this was the first official snap I received from him, and life just hasn't been the same since. 


Back to the weekend, on Saturday, Kristin {and baby Carlisle, ha}, Nick and Anna, and Matt of course, all joined us to burn a big pile beside David's house. We cooked sausage, deer meat wraps, and chicken on the grill and they joined us later with s'mores for dessert. It was fun to have a few people together! Again I will say, I am so thankful for David's friends welcoming me into their circle like they have. 

That week was crazy for me, but I made it through it! Telling myself "one day at a time" is really the only way I can keep my sanity nowadays.




Ahhhh.. <3 <3 



On the next Saturday (the weekend before this past one) David came to the 'Sip, and we spent Saturday at the barn. That weekend also wrapped up my weekends of sessions in Mississippi! I was so thankful for all of the clients I had this year, but I am definitely ready to have the editing behind me and take a break. 
Anyway, Uncle Jay, Aunt Dale, and Beau all traveled over to spend the day with us, see Mimi's new tractor, and have lunch. David, Matt, Nason, and I all brought our bows to shoot. David just got one, hadn't shot one until that day, and after a few pointers from Matt he was hitting the bullseye nearly every time. 


My man is a fast learner! 

This past week wasn't so hectic, but I anxiously awaited Friday so that I could travel to Bam to see David. I was also looking forward to seeing Kristin & her husband as he has been offshore for the last couple of weeks. It's so much fun to see how her belly grows in the time that we don't see each other! She is quickly becoming a great friend of mine. 



Friday, we rode to town & had dinner, and swung through David's Alma Mater. They were playing in the playoff game & it was halftime when we got there. 22-22 - and we found out later that they wound up losing in the last few minutes due to fumbling the ball, but they had a pretty good season! 


On Saturday, Kristin invited us over to grill out, watch the MSU/AL game, and I was thrilled! David was too, and we spent morning at a session for a family from there {a guy that David graduated with} and spent the afternoon doing things around the house {cutting trees out of roads} before getting ready to go.


We had a great time and lots of laughs - as a matter of fact, my cheeks were sore when we left. I don't think I've laughed that hard in forever! Maybe that's the reason we have no photos?


On Sunday, I had to go back home! I always hate leaving, and I dread the week ahead, but I think about it in "days that I won't see David" and now, Since it's Tuesday, there are only 2 more days of not seeing him! See? Makes the week seem shorter! 


All in all, I am thankful for WEEKENDS! They provide refreshment, bonding, and relaxation for this busy school girl and that working man of mine. We both long to be together during the week, sure, but it allows us to take advantage of the time we spend together when we ARE together. 
That's always a good reason to be thankful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment