11.26.2013

Wintery Weekend!




Hey ya'll! 

I started off my weekend waiting for this guy to arrive, but I had to go to dirt cheap for a fix! I made my way over after class, specifically looking for a few things concerning gifting, and I stumbled upon these babies...


I'm certain they're gone now because who wouldn't get them for $12 a piece? Slap on a monogram, tie a burlap bow around it, and you've got yourself the perfect {cute} stockings for your home, or to serve as gift wrapping! I love doing that!

On Friday night, David and I went on a date! We try to go at least once a month, but life has just been so busy lately, and even though that's not a good reason - it happened, but we made up for it Friday. We are sometimes bad about not dressing up for a date, but we both decided it was time to do that as well! So, we put on some dressy clothes, didn't take a picture {for whatever reason} and headed out! We were home by 8:30! Ha!



On Saturday, I woke up early and we enjoyed the morning with Mom. Matt came over, too, and we hung out until around 10:00. I had to exchange a phone case in town, so Matt rode with us and we made a day out of it. 

{above: Strangebrew Coffeehouse's famous Albino Squirrel which is basically hazelnut and white chocolate, and I added some caramel. Amazing! Also, if you check them out online, I hear they sell an amazing blueberry cobbler coffee {you can ask for it to be grinded}, and what a perfect gift that would be to your holiday basket for your neighbor! 


On the way home, we rode through the refuge. I planned on getting some photos of david and I because the trees are PERFECT, but it was just SO cold. 


We did manage to get a few!


On Saturday afternoon, we headed out to take part in the opening day of deer season here in Mississippi, and if I learned one thing it was that I need this hat of Matt's.
 It's perfect. 


Here we are, freezing, and in the dark! This was right after I killed my deer {wouldn't be opening day if I didn't bring it in right. Right?} I think David was really excited to have seen me kill one! We've hunted together, but never have either of us killed a deer together. 
Love these memories we're making! 


On Sunday, it was even colder, and we had our Thanksgiving service and lunch at church. Matt again {bless his heart} took some photos of us before we left, and I love them! He did a great job! 


Maybe it has something to do with him taking 900 in 10 seconds, but hey - guess you've gotta like at least one!
  

And finally, on Sunday, David and I made our favorite cups of coffee and road throughout the country to watch the sunset. No filter here, just plain old Mississippi Fall Sunset at it's best.!

Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving! 
Today was my last day of class for the week, so I am about to catch up on editing sessions, do a little "winter" cleaning, and switch out my sock drawers from regular designs to Christmas designs. Tis' the Season!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I told you . . . but I love the pictures you took of the boys! I've got big plans for 2 of them that have nothing to do with Christmas cards, but a lot to do with my Living Room Gallery wall and some Pinterest ideas! Thanks for putting up with their oh-so-special behavior that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunset is amazing! I love going for drives and watching the sunset and looking at the fall trees! And you got a deer?! That is awesome! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Often the camera doesn't capture that, either! And yes! I'm actually an avid hunter, so it was the only way to ring in the season! :) Thank you! Hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete