12.03.2013

Thanksgiving 2013


It's safe to say that we had another successful thanksgiving! I think just having all of our family in one place for thanksgiving is reason enough to be thankful, but even more so with having Mimi there! 


All of the girls of the fam! :) 


Mom and Dad looking exceptionally nice for the day! :)


My immediate family {and David}, but we have all claimed him now anyway! :) 


& us with Mimi.


Aunt & Uncle & cousin! 


My aunt & her family with Mimi.! 


& her and her husband! 


and just her kids! 


and all of the men in my life! :) 
My favorite men! 

For Thanksgiving this year, we were told to bring a photo from this year that was our favorite and tell a story about it. There were some who told their own stories and some who shared stories together. Each story brought back memories, either of own personal experiences or memories with others. I will share briefly of what each story was. 

Nannie: She told a cute story of her and Nason being in the woods together and what it took to get there, and she explained the ins and outs of hunting with Nason {it can be quite the adventure, so it seems}. Her talking about that reminded me of all the times I had Daddy drag me around in the woods, how I probably wasn't quiet or cooperative, but he did it anyway and never complained. He still does it! 
Nason: he told a story of a crazy adventure with a golf club and spray paint! 
Noah: told us how his new girlfriend was causing him to need money! 
Matt: He described the day he got TK, and I wish I could remember every single word he said because it was beautiful, for lack of a better word. The love Matt has for that dog is indescribable, and only people who own pets would understand it. TK came around for Matt at just the right time, and he has brought him so much joy!
Mamma: Mom brought a photo of her and dad at the beach and described what a great time we had there. She was thankful for the fact that we were all able to go and be together. Usually Daddy doesn't get to go, and this was the first year that he and Mimi were both there, and it was a perfect memory! I hadn't thought about all of us being together. 
David {and I}: David mainly told the story of he and I going hunting, and he was thankful for the memory that he had being able to see me kill a deer. We have hunted many times together, but that was the first time either of us had killed anything. It was really sweet that his favorite memory was with me!
Daddy: Daddy took a photo from one of TK's visits of the four of us, and he described being thankful for his family, the comfort they bring him, and the joy he has when he's around us. Daddy really has a way with words, and I could never say what he said the way he did, but he did a wonderful job. 
Uncle Jay: He told a story of Beau playing football for the first year of his life, and how he had never really pushed for him to play, but he did and got a few awards for it. The moral of the story was that he was proud of Beau and didn't tell him enough. Not a dry eye in the room when he was finished! It was really sweet.

The "prize" for the most votes on favorite stories was a money jar! 
Turned out, Uncle Jay won it and gave it to Beau. 
There was nearly $60 in there!

We also played a bingo game with prizes, and it was a fun tradition to start! 


And an impromptu photo-shoot! 
I think my Dad did a pretty good job!


I just really like this guy, ya'll.!


a lot!


On Thursday, we spent the day at Mimi's and on Friday we traveled to David's house to spend the weekend with his family.


We were able to spend time with his immediate family, the Louisiana folks that stay at their camp, and we even got to see a few friends while we were there.  


It doesn't matter where we spend thanksgiving, it's just being with the people I love and the people that I feel comfortable around. The people who love me despite my flaws and who support me despite my failures. 


This year and last year's comparison! :)





2 comments:

  1. I miss Jay! I don't think I've seen him in person since I graduated! Also, you are absolutely correct about your Daddy and his way with words! I've know him a long time and have always enjoyed talking to him. :)
    So glad y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete