12.10.2013

Sugar Cookies & A Cozy Weekend

Everything is all Christmas everywhere around here nowadays! We have been in the Christmas spirit for over a week now, and it all begins when mom decides to decorate. We give her a hard time about her love of Christmas decor, but truthfully I think I'm turning into her! Nuts! So, David showed up around 6 Friday night, and we had dinner and decided to make some Christmas sugar cookies!


The recipe we used for the cookies can be found here. They were amazing! I don't like hard, crunchy cookies, so this recipe was perfect! (Sidenote: when you make up the icing, it doesn't seem like enough, but it is if you are only baking half of the dough. Double it if you're baking all of the dough you mixed up!) 


David is pretty good with the rolling pin! He reminded me several times that he had a good teacher, watching his Memaw roll out biscuits since he was little. She would be proud to know that he can roll out cookies better than Mom & I. 


As juvenile as decorating sugar cookies may sound, it was FUN! I actually can't wait to do it again. David did so well, and my favorite of his is in the bottom left of the above photo. :)
Baking was the best thing to do Friday night because it was too cold to do anything else. 
We were actually planning on not doing much this weekend because of the cold and rain, but Saturday it held off for awhile.


I was worried about who would eat all of these cookies because while they are fun to make, they are often not that tasty! However, this recipe didn't last long around here. Our whole family would walk by the container and grab one throughout the day. It may have also had something to do with the fact that when you're cooped up inside most of the day, you tend to "munch" more.


Regardless, we had a good time! On Saturday we lounged around and watched football, and David even cut out some door hangers that I've been wanting to paint up to sell, so it was good to get that ball rolling. 

I'm glad that this past weekend was the last one for me to have to worry about studying for awhile, but good grief, can you believe it's already Christmas again??? I CAN'T! 
I've enjoyed making up some cute little gifts for friends, and maybe I'll show those on here soon! 

I am finishing up finals week. 
Two down, two to go! 
So, if you're enduring that as well -- GOOD LUCK! 
And as my white board says this week, 
"You'll never regret the studying you did, 
but you'll always regret the studying you didn't do."

Here are the door hangers :)
 Santa's beard can be customized however you'd like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment