1.27.2014

Happy New Year?


Is it time for an update? I'd say so! I have so much to say, and so many photos to share! Here's to hoping you're not bored.!


New Years: I should have probably given it it's own post, but then again nothing just really eventful happened! We spent the night around David's around the fire and a few good friends came over to ring in the new year. Sadly, I was SO tired by 12 that I just wanted to sleep! Ha! It was pretty cold, too, which kind of made it a little miserable unless you were packed around the fire. 


One thing that WAS great about it was ringing it in with this handsome fella! I am so blessed and excited to be going into 2014 with him by my side, and I want to spend the rest of my New Years Eve's with him -- and every other day for that matter.


Also during Christmas Break we went to see a movie...AT THE THEATER! This is a major deal because I haven't been since the Colorado shooting. I just couldn't go in one. But we did! Granted, it was the middle of the day, but it was fun - and the laughs from Madea's Christmas made it so much easier to forget about being worried.


We spent a lot of days just being outside, enjoying the cool days with the sun shining. We actually rode up to the barn and cranked up all the tractors, etc to get them prepared for the cold. We made a trip down to the pond and watched the ducks - simple day.


A few weekends at David's, his mom and I were checking their deer cameras, and we ran across this bad boy. I killed him and we scared everyone around their house with it -- and I believe we were the only ones who thought it was funny :)


We also got to see these ladies and their husbands that weekend, along with two other sweet ones that aren't in the pic for some strange reason?? Anyway - this was such a great night! The girls stayed inside in the warm, and the boys were by the fire outside, and we laughed and laughed about everything! I didn't know half the people or places that were brought up, but this group always makes me feel like I've known everyone forever. SO sweet! 


We had a few other dates during the break (my favorite are ones where we don't dress up - HA! How awful?!) But we always have a good time! 


Last sunday, mom gave us the great idea to walk the creek! We haven't done that in quite some time, but we decided  to and had SO much fun! (Even though this picture doesn't show it... we got a big kick our of both of us making the same face :) 


Going to the creek has always been something that my dad and I do together, but he was hunting with Matt, so we went by ourselves. It felt weird with him not being there, but I enjoyed taking David along to a place where I have so many great memories with my dad! 


We enjoyed the day! 

By this time, school has started back, but next week is the first week of tests. That will be the 4th week of school. It's so weird that Christmas is over, New Years has come and gone, and really we are closing in on Valentines Day! I am trying to keep that in mind so that it doesn't slip up on us. Ha!


Also, I have a recent interest. Actually, it's been an interest for awhile but I hadn't taken the plunge into it until recently. Daddy was looking for something in my grandma's old hutch and found the above pyrex pan set. I was ECSTATIC! She used to have a ton of pyrex, and since she died when I was too young to know what I would be interested in keeping, it was all given away - or so I thought. In it's original box & everything! 

Which in turn led to this....


and this... 


But there's a sweet story about the above photo too. David took me to Meridian Saturday and spent most of the day going places and looking out for pyrex for me. It's become like an easter egg hunt! I love not knowing what I will find and I can't wait to go places to see if they have any. Ha! I have always been a fan of old, shabby, rustic things, and pyrex is NOT shabby or rustic - it's actually quite the opposite. 
Anyway, I can't wait to display it in my own home someday. Until then, I can't wait to grow my collection! 


Lastly, from this past weekend while we were sighting in a gun - I just have to say that sometimes I feel so happy that I think my heart will burst. We spend so much of our time just bathing in each others presence. We laugh and share so much with each other that it's hard (SO SO HARD) for me to remember or even think about life without David. I don't ever want to. I've never known an emotion quite like this, and I don't deserve to be loved the way that he loves me, but he is such a gentleman, so respectful, and even more than that - he is a friend to me. A genuine, true, honest friend - and that's irreplaceable.

four letters & a heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment