2.19.2014

retreating to monthly updates...


Sometimes I am just too busy to blog, and other times I just don't want to. Then I think, "you're gonna wish you could remember the details about these days," so here I sit. 


For starters, I got a haircut! Well, I got bangs. I had no length cut off {because I am convinced that my hairdresser has put a -wonderful- spell on it that's causing it to GROW} and she always does exactly what I want! This was the first real "dramatic" difference that I have had done while going to her, but I love it. Bangs make me feel fun. 


Two weekends ago, Daddy set up a rabbit hunt because he wanted David to be able to go. Well, of course I tagged along! I was anxious to shoot my "new" gun. You see, my uncle inherited all of my Pawpaw's guns when he passed, but he recently told us that he wanted all of the grands to have one. So, I got my very favorite - a 20 gauge Benelli. 
The gun is a treasure, and I am grateful for it, but I will always wish I could have had the opportunity to go on at least one hunt with Pawpaw.


Matt also went, and he killed the only rabbit that was seen while we were there! 


On that same weekend, Matt wanted to try out his boat, so David & I made the run with him. The weather was nice and we enjoyed being on the water! It definitely felt like Spring.


During the week, I had to drive myself to class without Marty because she was running late, so I decided to do some thrifting, and I found this precious little gem! OH MY GAH, I can hardly contain my excitement over putting this baby in our own home one day! It's in minty condition, and I AM IN LOVE!! 


On February 7th, David & I shared 28 months together, and Mom & Dad shared 33 years! I hope David and I are allowed that many years together, and I know we will be just as happy and in love as these two are! 


I also think that cutting my hair has made me think I have a free pass to dressing like a boy and wearing Kourtney Kardashian sunglasses.. so! I guess the myth to "new hair new you" is somewhat true? Except not really because I was unsure of this the whole time I had it on! 


And next, how could we forget Valentines Day?
I sketched this Chalkboard Wednesday night and finished it Thursday evening before David came on Friday! 
I like doing little personal things for him.


For his gift, I gave him a knife he had been wanting. I also gave him lots of candy. I did the cheesiest thing and labeled them all with cute printables: 

gum: "I chews you"
Sour worms: "Love bugs" 
Jolly Ranchers: "Have a Jolly Valentines" 
Warheads: "Pucker up, it's Valentines Day!" 
Blow Pops: "Sucker for Love!" 

And I gave him the "One Date a Month for a Year." I am SO SO excited about this!! I am a firm believer in David being made to feel special and loved just as I should be made to feel that way. So, I created 11 preplanned, prepaid dates for us to enjoy, and at the beginning of each month, he gets to open the one for that month & it's his choice of when we use it! Some dates are free, and others are ones that require a small fee. I plan to blog about each month's date. Crossing my fingers that happens!


Earlier on Friday I went to Columbus to try and find a decent outfit for our date, and when I came home these were waiting on me! 
"I love you so much, Julie Bug!"
He's into calling me that lately, and I happen to think it's mighty cute!
He also got me a pair of hunting boots I've been eyeing for awhile! He listens so well, and he did way too much for me. 
Oh! And did I mention the tear-jerking card and cute little cow tin full of reese's? The guy knows the way to my heart! Sweet words, chocolate, and COWS!


We waited until Saturday to go on a date since he gets here late on Friday, and we enjoyed some japanese food, Lone Survivor {yep, I went to the theatre} and he even decided to use his February Date and we grabbed coffee at our favorite coffee shop before coming home. 
It was nice to celebrate our love, even though we try to do that every time we are together.


annnnnd on Sunday we did this!


This pew sat at David's MeMaw's house for awhile, and I have always loved it. His mom told him recently that he should go get it and bring it home, and once he did she asked where I was going to put it! So, David brought it to me this past weekend and we spent the afternoon sanding, cleaning, staining and waxing this beauty, and I will cherish it forever. It is such a sentimental piece for David, and I plan to give it lots of love in that future home that we don't have yet! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment