2.19.2014

ODMFAY: February

"ODMFAY" stands for "One Date a Month for a Year". This was one of David's valentines gifts that I decided would be really fun! Basically, you provide 11 pre-planned, pre-paid dates for the months leading up to the month that you give the gift. For instance, I gave it as a valentines gift, so I planned dates until next January!

This is so, so much fun because you can incorporate things you both enjoy together, things you have never done before, and even things you've said you would always do! For us, sometimes our favorite thing to do is just to grab a movie that we already have and chill. So, this gift doesn't have to cost a fortune. However, it is fun to splurge on dates every now and then, {like his birthday month}, as well as just to treat him to a little outing on me! 

This whole gift took me daaaays of planning and about 4 hours to "construct". I liked to add little objects or things that went along with the "theme" of the date as you will see in these posts! I'm so excited to share with you my ideas {some borrowed from others, and some done on my own!} I'm doing this series so that if you've ever considered doing this as a gift you will have some insight about price! I'm also doing it because it was really fun to create, and I want to document the memories we are sure to make through this during the course of this year! Before I dove off into this {and got creative} I assumed it would cost a ton! But! It doesn't have to. So, after that super long intro, here's February's Date!! 

For February, I wanted to do something simple! I knew we would be going out for a date, and I knew the tab would be on david, and even though we aren't huge fans of valentines day, I didn't want it to be all about me, I wanted to buy him something that I knew he would enjoy & I love doing personal things for him because he is always appreciative and thankful for the time I spend on these types of gifts. That makes the planning  time pay off for sure!! :) 


I found this free printable online, printed and cut it out, and used an index card to draw around it to try and create the illusion of a coffee cup! Inside the heart says, "I love you more than coffee!" 


Once you slide the coffee sleeve down, a message is revealed! Attached to the back was a gift card to our favorite coffee shop! I knew david would want to use this on our way home from our date, and sure enough, he did! So, since it was late, we didn't ride a backroad, but we had earlier that day, so that counts right? Sure it does - it's our date!! 


David also wanted to open each envelope for each month, but I told him be had to wait until the beginning of each month to do so! I'm pretty sure he's secretly excited to have something new to do every month, and I am too!! :) 


1 comment:

  1. Awe Julianna - You're a girl after my own heart! This is just the kind of thing that I love to do for Dave. Actually, last year I gave him a coupon book with a coupon for a date every month where I find the babysitter and he picks the outing. He loved it! There were other coupons too, but I'll keep that between me and Dave! ;D
    I can't wait to see what you have planned for the rest of your dates!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete