6.01.2015

Monograms & Mimosas - 05.16.15


On May 16, my bridesmaids (minus one, plus one) hosted the cutest little shower: Monograms & Mimosas! When my maid of honor, Lauren, was engaged, her friends hosted one for her & it was darling! I knew that I would eventually love to have one because for the last several years I haven't gotten a thing monogrammed in hopes that my name would soon change. :) 



Everything was decorated to a "T" (See what I did there?) 
Lauren's MIL made a delicious cake that my family talked about for days after the shower, and every cornner of Hollie's kitchen was decorated with glitter, "T's", and my personal initials, "JTE". 

Then... There was the food!




Lauren made the most darling cups and champagne glasses for us to use!
It meant a lot to me that she spent time on something like this, even if it seems simple to everyone else. I know it took some time.



And Hollie made THE MOST DELICIOUS french toast casserole, and you better believe that everyone had the ingredients circulating around after the shower. She is BOLD to have tried this for the shower without having ever fixed it before, but I am so glad that she did. 




And Laura, as always made some wonderful sausage balls! Were there any left? I doubt it, and the quiche was so good too! 


Megan's mom, Mrs. Terry selflessly cut all the fruit for that day, and it wasn't an easy task I'm sure, but it was so good, and again it is things like this that I don't take for granted. I know this takes time, and I really do appreciate it. 


Lauren arranged some flowers for different places, and I enjoyed them for days after the shower ended.


We missed getting a photo with everyone that came, but I enjoyed the time that we got to spend together - we talked about everything from softball to our jobs now. It's so strange that we have almost all graduated and have "real" jobs now. It was so much fun to go back and talk with the girls about our memories together - we really had some good times together, and I really cherish all of these girls - each in a different way. 


And then, the hostesses. It's really been humbling to me to see the work that the hostesses put into each of these showers, and these girls have wanted me to feel special from the start (so, I know I picked the best bridesmaids in the world - obviously.) We missed Megan, and I wish that she could've been there, too. I appreciate her thoughtfulness in wanting to host it with them. 




I could go on and on about these girls, but the bottom line is that I am thankful for them, and I can't wait to have them beside me in less than a month. 




1 comment:

  1. Everything looks wonderful! What a cute idea! No one does monograms in the northeast and it makes me sad because I think they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete