1.31.2013

DIY Remember Love Hearts

When did my blog turn into a DIY blog?

Since I got into the "Valentines Spirit". 
{i think it's a result of Christmas Decor Depression}

I saw a pin on Pinterest {imagine that} about "Remember I love you" hearts, 
so I decided to give it a go! 

I paid less than $6.oo for this entire project! 



You will need: 
1. Mason Jar (any size)
2. any fabric (I used red felt and single wrapped red fabrics from walmart)
{felt is $.23, and single wrapped fabrics are $.97!}
3. Fabric Glue 
4. Scissors
5. The plastic walmart sack given to you {or cotton balls} 
6. Some sort of cardstock (I used a set I already had)


1. CUT out your heart shapes, no bigger than your palm (unless you plan on using a bigger mason jar and I may!), and glue one half of it together (from the bow in the middle, down to the bottom tip), then allow to dry. 


2.) While your hearts are drying, grab the card stock and CREATE a design you like! 

3. WRITE your message to hang on the side of the jar.

4. PUNCH a hole in the top left corner for your ribbon to be strung through.


5. STUFF your hearts with the plastic bag that your items were placed in to be carried out from the store, or you can use cotton balls. Both work great, and both are usually something you would already have around the house! 

6. GLUE the other half of the heart together.

Let them dry, then stuff them in the jar! 

This is such a fun and sweet way to remind someone that you love them. Each time you place a heart back in there, another one could be grabbed and placed in a different spot.
You could keep this going year round because as I've said before: Valentines Day isn't the only day that we should remind the one we love that we love them!

For guys:
by their toothbrush
in their truck dash
beside their coffee mug
on top of their wallet
underneath their hat

For girls: 
in their car dash
in their makeup bag
by their mirror
inside their sock drawer
inside their purse

I'm sure you can all think of some great ideas as well, and I would love to know what they are! 
I plan to keep this DIY Project a secret until Love Day and have them in fun places for David to find when he gets here! 


Last year on Love Day, I made David a deck of cards with "52 reasons why I love you", and he has told me several times that he gets them out every now and then and reads through them. 
I love that. 

I also made him a picture frame that said, "God Gave Me You" to match his room. It was free for me to make because I had collected the letters a while beforehand, and I made the frame myself out of wood. I love handmade gifts! They are so priceless, and I love remembering the story behind them. 
The frame will always be a special thing because it was received on our very FIRST Valentines day! 
I love making memories with him.


To see the story on this cake, go here to last years Valentines post!

Also, if you missed the DIY Love Banner, go here!

Let me know if you make your own Remember Love Hearts!


No comments:

Post a Comment