3.19.2013

Spring Broke!

This is a follow up post to this one. If you haven't read it, that's okay...but go read it. :)

Alright, shall we go over my Spring Break? 
I had a FANTASTIC one! 
It was just what the doctor ordered after midterm week.

First, let me mention that Friday when I got home from a (LONG) day at class & clinic, Mom had set up a massage for me in town at a place that hasn't been opened long.
Ya'll it was lovely! I've never had one before, but I could see myself getting addicted to those things.
Lovely, I tell ya!

Next, a little OOTD! 


This was my attire to the movies on Monday night. 
Sweatshirt I purchased in a little hometown store around David's house, and I had the monogram done at a place around school. The "jeggings" are from Belk, as well as the boots. The socks are from Old Navy, and I had no idea they were boot socks until I got home with them. I now throw them into outfits where they really don't match because what is life if you're not living on the edge?



Next up, 
{Selfie central around here today. Oops}
I thought about cutting my hair.
I grabbed my bangs, pushed my "long layers" back, and made an attempt at figuring out what I would look like with short hair? 
Do we like?
My family says keep it long. I think I will until I just cannot take it anymore.
I've always loved my long hair, but lately I find myself throwing it in a ponytail or bun instead of fixing it. 



OK! Now, I will pick up where I left off last week. 

I went to David's on Wednesday, we cooked supper that night, and on Thursday morning we headed out EARLY! 


We had about a 3 hour drive, and I had to spend another hour in the car while David took care of an obligation in Mobile, so what does a girl do when she hasn't watched TV in a month?

I watched the last movie of the Twilight Saga, and I almost had a heart palpitation. 
I'm still not sure if I'm glad it ended the way that it did, or if I'm upset about it.
Whatever.


After he was done, we traveled another hour and finally got out & were able to smell the salty air. I used to not be so crazy about the beach, but ya'll I find myself longing for it sometimes nowadays. 

There's really nothing like the atmosphere there. All is calm, mostly quiet, and everyone seems to be taking in every moment just as I am.



Since I was little, I have loved looking for shells. This is sometimes hard to do for a girl who doesn't get over ankle deep in the water {Shout out to all the people who watched JAWS too many times growing up like I did -- I know better! Movies like that were made to warn you.}
Anyhow, there aren't usually too many on the beach in the summertime. I have no idea why, maybe it's because it isn't as windy? Anyway, there were a TON when we were there the other day, and David even made the comment that he didn't think I looked up to see the water one time because I was looking for shells the entire time we were there. 

I did look up though, even if it was only for a few snapshots...



He is the cutest, isn't he? After my scare a few weeks ago, I haven't wanted to be alone in public, in the dark, or really anywhere, and he hasn't made a peep about that being a problem. He simply lets me grab his hand and walk closely beside him.
I'm thankful for a man who makes me feel as protected as my Dad does. 
I've prayed for that. 

I hope that I will be able to elaborate more one day about what really went on during midterm week.
 It turns out that it wasn't what we thought was going on. Maybe when the dust settles, I will be able to share. All I can tell you is that it was scary, and I am thankful, thankful, thankful that The Lord had his hand of protection on my family.




After leaving the beach, David and I cruised around the salty city, and he showed me places that he spent time when he had been to the beach with his friends.

It's so much fun to go to a place together that we grew up at over the course of our summers when we were small. I love that he knows about places that I talk of and vice versa. 


Soon after, we decided to eat {pretty early, but we wanted to get back on the road}. David can't eat shrimp {or anything fried with it}, so he didn't care where I chose to eat.
Doc's treated us so well this past summer, but unfortunately Thursday I wasn't impressed.

We spent some time shopping, and just taking the day slow.

We got home around 9:00pm, so it was the perfect time!


For the rest of the week, we just spent it enjoying each others company. We hung around the house, baked cupcakes, killed some turtles {I have some redneck in me, in case you didn't know :)}, and I had a mini-session with David's sister, Gabrielle.

Here's a sneak peak from that....

(You can read the full post on that tomorrow.)

Friday night we went and ate crawfish right out of town on a place by the river. We enjoyed it, and I can't wait to go back! The crawfish were delicious, and lately my craving for it has been unreal! 

Saturday, we "turtle hunted" all afternoon because the turtles are eating the catfish in their pond. 


Sunday, I spent the morning with David before coming home right after lunch. I didn't want to see the week come to an end, and leaving his house meant that it was over, but I had to get back to complete some school work. 
Such is life.


ps - it wasn't because I didn't miss my family, though! :)

-----------------------

For all of you who read yesterday's "Coffee and Conversation" link-up, you'll appreciate this message I received during class yesterday:



No comments:

Post a Comment